Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2004, 05:05 PM

Default How does the preflop, flop and turn decisions look?

InterPoker Skin
$1BB

I am new to the table.

All villains have same sized stack as me +/-$100

I (Button) limp after the usual 4 limpers with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], both blinds come along to a flop of...

FLOP ($7) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB leads out for $5, BB folds, MP calls and I smooth call on a non-threatening flop, and get 1 more caller.

TURN: ($27): Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

SB leads out for $5 again. This time, MP raises to $10.

At this point, I am thinking two pair, vs Top pair and I smooth call again.

Thoughts so far?

jw
Old 08-09-2004, 05:16 PM

Default Re: How does the preflop, flop and turn decisions look?

i could see top pair, two pair, set. MP raises $10, could mean he wants people along for the ride. you want people too, why not raise and join the act. there gonna call your bet if you raise maybe another $10. i like that bet cause your getting more money in the pot. i don't see the person raiseing $10 folding. you have position on both of them. if a scare card pairing up the board shows up on the river you can call the river bet. if not then make a small bet to get callers and take down the pot.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:42 PM

i'd reraise substantially on the turn, maybe make it 35 to go. might be the wrong play, but you also might take the pot down there and avoid a potential mess on the river. however if you get called and the board pairs or a club hits, you're in a tough spot, so maybe saving the raise for a non-threatening river is a better play. i dunno [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2004, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TURN: ($27): Q (3 A 2 )

SB leads out for $5 again. This time, MP raises to $10.

At this point, I am thinking two pair, vs Top pair and I smooth call again.

Thoughts so far?

jw

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop is ok, especially with no flush draw.

I think you should try to get your action right here while you have the nuts. SB will invariably fold to the raise to $30 reraise on the turn that you should make [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img](unless SB has a monster or is a fool).

Your objective is to make MP pay dearly for the flush or full house draw.

Garland
Old 08-09-2004, 06:00 PM

Both see reasonable to me. Let them battle it out until the river where you can raise them both with the nuts and take the pot. Small suited connector with 4 limpers and possible blinds too? I'll limp with that anytime for that rare flop like this. Ni han!
Old 08-09-2004, 06:02 PM

I don't think MP would raise the turn if he's on a flush draw. The set is certainly more likely. In which case, I may change my mind here and recommend a reraise on the turn to $22-23. If he reraises you can push, otherwise you can make another nice bet on the river for a pretty good pot.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
recommend a reraise on the turn to $22-23

[/ QUOTE ]

This reraise is insufficient. Assuming SB folds to the re-reraise to $23, there will be $65 in the pot and MP will only have to call $13 giving him $65:$13 pot odds, which translates to $5:$1. If he is on a flush draw, he's getting 3.9:1 and is correct to call. If he has a set, he's getting 44:10 to quad or fill up which is 4.4:1 and still has proper odds to call. He must raise it to at least $28 to give him improper odds for whatever he can hold. Reraise to $30...at least.

Garland
Old 08-09-2004, 06:54 PM

So Reraise seems to be the thoguhts here huh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well, as I said i smooth called...

At this point the SB re-raises to $15, MP calls...

Now I push.