Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: 10/20 SB Hand 3

Don't be defensive. These guys are good players, and while they may or may not have larger cocks than you (prolly not, you look pretty bulky in your pic), you would be well advised to listen up, I kid you not.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be defensive. These guys are good players, and you would be well advised to listen up, I kid you not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Allin,
I know there are many good players here, that's why I came here. And I have no problem having my posts critiqued, that's mainly why I posted them.

What I do have a problem with is some amateur psychologist in a green suit following me around and posting negative insinuations or comments about my motives and intentions. Note again this is not the first time he did it, although it was in a different forum the last time. My response to him at that time was more measured. Apparently he interpreted that as a signal of my aquiesence that he should try it again. It seemed to me he could use a clearer message that I have a fairly low tolerance for taking crap. I define crap as personal insult or character assasination, not hand critique.

There were also a couple of other instances from a couple of other posters in a couple of other threads in the last couple of days and one from about a month ago in this forum that were of a personally insulting nature. If my reaction in this thread seems out of proportion to the perceived offence, it might be because I am reacting to the cumulative effect of all of the above.

However, these were all isolated instances and do not reflect my feelings about the attitudes or postings of the majority of this forums participants. Yes, I suppose I became overly defensive. To the extent I criticized everyone or anyone with too broad a brush, I apologize.

Again, all I want to do here is improve my poker game and enjoy interacting with the other forum participants. I want to post my take on some hands, compare it to the other ideas, consider any critique that comes my way, and have a nice day.

Cheers.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:04 AM

Let's not over-analyse this.

This is the big boys forum, and you really need to play these limits to post here. Yep, I'm being elitist, absolutely. We're here to help each other, but not to babysit. The reason why posters are taking offence is because some of your posts give completely terrible advice, and its random clutter. We're intelligent minds, and we need brainstorming sessions to be as easy to read as possible.

This is not a help forum. The help forum is microlimits, maybe SSSH. This is the elite players whom want to make the big bucks, and need to have a very elitist posting style in order to achieve that slight +EV needed to break those important BB/100 barriers.

These forums won't turn you into a good poker player, they won't teach you new concepts (except a few nice threads), and they sure as hell won't make you smarter. But what they will do is nail down small +EV decisions that creep that winrate up, and thats what these guys use it for.

So to sum it up, look at my original post of 'what are you doing here?'. I'll tell you now, you're in the wrong place, what you need isn't what you'll find here. Everyone here will tell you that.

Posting does not make you a good player ever.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:32 AM

hell yea, im an elitest