Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: I like Phil Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
I loved the one where he called the turn and river with JT (pair of tens) with two aces on the board and the other guy had jacks.

"You bet the turn and the river?!"
"You bet the turn and the river!!"

He called with a worse hand on the turn and the river. If he thought the other guy could only bet with an ace in his hand....well...oh, I like Phil just because I'd like to be at a table of his someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil complemented his opponent on this hand. He called it "strong poker".
Old 10-19-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what up?
How does a guy call for all his chips with a KJ?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, he studied Bill Fillmaff's secret system.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was suited though, and Fillmaff's signature hand is king jack not suited. So it was a bad play.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All I know is that I really wanted to throw something at the screen all night.

How can you be mad at the KJ guy... who by the way ISNT A PROFESSIONAL for being hypocritical when phil points out the 5% edge on 99-JTs, and then whine to his (psychologist..classic) wife abuot the same edge later?

I mean, Im still pondering how he got his bracelets... I know I came on the poker scene after he got most of them (2002) but I havent yet seen him play world class poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK vs KJ has a slightly higher edge than 5%
Old 10-19-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I were the KJ guy, I'd put half my chips in one pile and every time I called I'd say:

"I call with Phil's chips."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thats hilarious

i love how phil views poker hands thru his distorted prism of victimization. "honey did u see that maniac put in all his chips with 77" well guess what retard, u did it with aqo and im pretty sure 77 is a better hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing against you at all, I just hate it when people say pairs are automatically 'better' than AK or other unpaired premium holdings. It's a favorite to win an all in against it, yes. Is it a better hand? Hell no. Would you call an all in with AK or 22? AK almost all the time, 22 almost never.

Phil did take some brutal beats and berated the guy more than he should have, but they are donkeys. I'm sure you all get pissed when you take a bad beat at home and are thinking to yourself "How does that *$%#&$ call off his stack with KJ!?" Get over yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with u 77 isnt a great hand of course, but in taht situation for phil to whine about it is just ridiculous and retarded.. i mean rereaising all in preflop with aq offsuit.. its fair to say he was *probably* on tilt and for him to say the guy with 77 (who made the right read fwiw) was a terrible player is giantly hypocritical

in other new bill fillmaff rules
Old 10-19-2005, 12:34 AM

when phil straight up called the guy a donkey, it was one of the greatest moments in TV history

remember, donkeys alwasy draw kids
Old 10-19-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved the one where he called the turn and river with JT (pair of tens) with two aces on the board and the other guy had jacks.

He called with a worse hand on the turn and the river. If he thought the other guy could only bet with an ace in his hand....well...oh, I like Phil just because I'd like to be at a table of his someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that really bugged me. u checked the hand to him on a Axx flop wtf did u think he would do on the turn with qq

phils condescending nature continues to get more annoying. tonight he actually had me yelling stuff at the tv. and no i dont normally do that, heh
Old 10-19-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil complemented his opponent on this hand. He called it "strong poker".

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon man is ur sarcasm detector totally busted [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it is just ridiculous and retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

You appear to be using some sort of strange variant spellings. Perhaps this is some sort of in-joke that I am not a part of.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is just ridiculous and retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

You appear to be using some sort of strange variant spellings. Perhaps this is some sort of in-joke that I am not a part of.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOES NOT COMPUTE *sound fx*
Old 10-19-2005, 05:15 AM

That guy Phil reraised had called another allin with frigging JTs, and didn't understand why it wasn't a bad beat. If Phil's truly a player who thinks he can outplay anyone, why not wait for a flop instead of letting this obvious moron push you into at best a 75-25 all in for most of your chips?

The AK fold to me seemed more like weak play that turned out right. And even if it was a read, that old man was super confident and chatty with Phil during the decision. Big deal.

Oh, and checking in the dark over and over is stupid.