Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Things Lon McEachern needs to stop saying

[ QUOTE ]
gabe kaplan and lederer are both very capable announcers that are both probably much better holdem players than you are

[/ QUOTE ] I hope you're not talking about me. As far as Gabe is concerned, yes, he is a much better announcer, but I've seen him play, he's way way way too conservative. Howard, I know better than to sit down at a table with him unless it's for play money.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gabe kaplan and lederer are both very capable announcers that are both probably much better holdem players than you are

[/ QUOTE ] I hope you're not talking about me. As far as Gabe is concerned, yes, he is a much better announcer, but I've seen him play, he's way way way too conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/play...=r&n=14510

remind us all....how many WSOP/WPT final tables do you have under your belt?

tool.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Things Lon McEachern needs to stop saying

[/ QUOTE ]

"Have I told you that before that the A of spades is the prettiest card in the deck?"

That's the one that gets me.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The same sorts of complaints are made by baseball and football fans. Those fans that really know about the game almost always think the commentators are bad because they cater to the masses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you couldn't be more right. I'm a football enthusiast, and I despise John Madden.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
remind us all....how many WSOP/WPT final tables do you have under your belt?

[/ QUOTE ] You know, there is a big difference between cash game players and tournaments. But you would know that, you're such a pro. Who gives a f#@$ how many WSOP/WPT final tables I made? You know, if I plaster my face all over t.v., then I'm a marked man. I make my profits by sucking in the fish, which I think would be harder if they knew I was good. I blend in with them, they think I'm one of them, and I'm a damn good actor, so they never know that I am outplaying them. My wife and daughter have nice clothes, they eat well, and we have a good life, partly because I play poker. Anyone that plays as tight as Gabe would get eaten alive in my world, period. I think Greenstein only has one braclet, you gonna tell me Hellmuth is better than him? I don't think Phil has the stones to sit down with him at a cash game. You're mixing apples and oranges.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I make my profits by sucking in the fish, which I think would be harder if they knew I was good. I blend in with them, they think I'm one of them, and I'm a damn good actor, so they never know that I am outplaying them. My wife and daughter have nice clothes, they eat well, and we have a good life, partly because I play poker. Anyone that plays as tight as Gabe would get eaten alive in my world, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, lemme know how its going while you tear up the world of 10/20 to support your family, chump.

i hear all the top players emulate jackasses they see on WPT broadcasts too

quote from you in another thread -

[ QUOTE ]
I sometimes wear shades, sometimes I don't. I do often wear a hooded sweatshirt when I play live, it keeps them from seeing my face and neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a [censored] joke, kid.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, if I plaster my face all over t.v., then I'm a marked man. I make my profits by sucking in the fish, which I think would be harder if they knew I was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

OT but related to your quote

i was wondering about this in the shower yesterday. why do WSOP winners wear their bracelets in tournaments? wouldnt you want the donks to have no idea you're any good? or is it the intimidation factor, perhaps you can push them off some pots?

then again a lot of the WSOP bracelet winners are well known anyway... but not all
Old 09-02-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's why devilfish should make the final table more. He's so suave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wine at the final table. Classy.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was actually. we saw him take a total of one sip in the coverage. afterwards he was drinking water. so whats A GLASS of wine?

devilfish is the freakin man.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:57 AM

Usually I don't wear the hood on my head, I wear it in such a way to cover my neck mostly, to keep them from seeing my pulse. I've been doing it long before I ever saw Phil on t.v. My hulk-like build makes me look foolish in turtlenecks.
As far as tearing up the world of 10-20, I don't play limit, I play no-limit, and at a higher level than 10-20.
Let me ask you, tough-guy, how many final tables you make it to? How did you do?
Old 09-03-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My hulk-like build makes me look foolish in turtlenecks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed so hard here.....