Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 10:00 AM

Default OT: You know that Poker is taking over when...

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] You know that Poker is taking over your life when you...
<ul type="square">[*]start to make every decision based on its EV; "Not taking my girlfriend out on our anniversary is -EV... -EsexV."[*]have read your copy of TOP more times than you have read the Bible.[*]use Poker terminology inappropriately; "Darling, can I straddle your muck with my flop?"[*]shout "That's soooo unrealistic!" at the television at least three times during every episode of 'Tilt'.[*]refer to that annoying whiner at work as 'Hellmuth'.[/list][img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] You know that you've been bonus whoring too long when you...
<ul type="square"> [*]get a tear in your eye when you recall the first time you read Homer's 'Building a bankroll (For newbies)' thread.[*]find a new reload bonus thread in the Zoo, discover it's a 'false alarm' then scream at your monitor and start imagining ways of torturing the OP.[*]are contacted by NETeller because they are concerned about the number of transactions going through your account.[*]have so many different Poker client icons on your desktop that you can't see the wallpaper.[/list][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] You know that you've been playing Internet Poker too long when you...
<ul type="square">[*]come out in a cold sweat at the thought of playing B&amp;M where you won't have your beloved PT stats.[*]get a hard on over your Excel 'BB / No. hands' graph.[*]can't stop speaking in acronyms even at the B&amp;M; "vnh .... err, I mean very nice hand."[/list][img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] You know that your multi-tabling is starting to get out of hand when you...
<ul type="square">[*]wish they'd hurry up and manufacture monitors with a resolution of 3200x2400 pixels.[*]notice your 'Fold/Call/Raise' buttons are so small and you have so little time to act that it's 50/50 whether you actually click on the button you were aiming for.[*]get so bored 'one tabling' at the B&amp;M that you have to imagine playing at eleven other tables just to stay awake.[/list][img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] You know that you've been hanging out in the 'Home Poker' forum too much when you...
<ul type="square">[*]are planning to spend all of your Poker winnings on 1500 Paulson's with custom inlays.[*]spend an hour per week rubbing mineral oil on your chips.[*]are aroused by double-edge spots and blow your load over custom molds.[/list][img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] You know that you've been hanging out in the 'Micro-Limit' forum too much when you...
<ul type="square">[*]have typed "I play it the same" more times than you've had sex.[*]find yourself saying "Do you see why?" and "I'll let others elaborate" in everyday conversations.[*]have the bankroll to move up to 2/4 but are postponing it because you don't want to leave 'the gang'.[/list][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] You know that you've been reading the 2+2 forums too long when you...
<ul type="square">[*]continually annoy your friends with the phrase "you need to get out of the kiddie pool and start making some moves!"[*]still occasionally tut and shake your head when you remember the debate between Lee Jones and Ed Miller that could have been but never was.[*]shout the phrase "I value call my nutz!" at every conceivable opportunity.[*]wish you were All State 1995.[/list]Feel free to add more [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: OT: You know that Poker is taking over when...

ahh... it's so refreshing when someone tries to make a funny post and succeeds.

ni han
Old 04-01-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... read your copy of TOP more times than you have read the Bible

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read 'Play Poker like the Pros' more times than I've read the Bible. (ie: once)
Old 04-01-2005, 10:28 AM

awesome way to start the morning
Old 04-01-2005, 10:29 AM

Do people still read the bible?
Old 04-01-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[*]have read your copy of TOP more times than you have read the Bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Bible.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do people still read the Bible?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate Bible.

[/ QUOTE ]
I couldn't think of another book that has been read multiple times by lots of people... I'm not sure that "have read your copy of TOP more times than you have read Harry Potter" works as well! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do people still read the bible?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've read SSH at least 10 times. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ][*]get so bored 'one tabling' at the B&amp;M that you have to imagine playing at eleven other tables just to stay awake.

[/ QUOTE ]
This one is good
Old 07-07-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wish you were All State 1995.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know you've been reading 2+2 forums too long when you spot the quoted mistake. It should be "all counnty".