Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Hand requirements steal & blinds

1a -Steal first in - Any two will do as long as the blinds have not proved themselves to be good players.

1b -Late position with a limper - depends on positon and play of the limper. If I'm playing, I'm raising, but I don't play much looser unless limper is an idiot and I think AXo (for example) might be ahead.

2a-in blinds raiser UTG - I'll only play good hands (we're talking AJs AQo maybe less and pairs (since he's likely to have overcards, I feel fairly comfortable check calling the flop then betting out or check raising the turn if the board co-operates).
2b -in blinds raiser MP - Any hand I'd play from LP against an MP limper, although I just call.
2c - in blinds raiser LP - depends on raiser's standards, but basically, I'll defend liberally and aggressively.

2d -in blinds LP raiser in multiway - any hand that has a draw to a strong hand (all pairs, Kx suited, suited one gappers, unsuited connectors)

It seems that I play a lot looser than you in steal situations. I might be tighter when second in though (I'm folding a surprising number of potentially playable hands to previous non-donk limps) or I might just be playing in more passive games where aggression pays off better.

I play between 2-4 and 5/10 depending on the site and my mood and the quality of the games available.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:00 PM

Link to a thread on with a reply from Sklansky.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:08 PM

Wow thanks for the tip.

And thanks for the replies sofar. I will surely study the subject a lot more.

And I will use the search button [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]