Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 12:14 PM

Default QQ hand

Paradise $10 rebuy, about 40% of field left, blinds 300/600/25. I am a little above average with T13K. I raise to 1800 in 2nd position with QQ and get 4 callers.

Flop is KT7,r. I am 2nd to act and check. It is checked around.

Turn is a 5. I bet 5000. 4th position raises 6000 allin, having me slightly covered. It is folded back to me.

Should I call? Should I have checked the flop? Should I have bet the turn?
Old 10-07-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: QQ hand

With 4 callers and an overcard, I can't believe you had the stones to bet without a set. I'm weak-tight, but is it mathematically possible for 5 to see the flop for a 3x raise without someone having a decent king? 6000 more to call? Insta-fold. He can't be bluffing with 4 to act behind him. If he is, he's earned this pot, so you should laydown then too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm guessing he had 55 since you questioned your flop play. AK is my 2nd guess, since he was your first caller.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm weak-tight, but is it mathematically possible for 5 to see the flop for a 3x raise without someone having a decent king?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is a king that likely in a hand to flat call an early position raise with? AK might reraise and calling with KQs, KJs, or KTs is kind of questionable.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:13 PM

I check this flop everytime, I might c/r a weak bet here to find out where I am and you might get KQ,KJ etc to fold as youve represented strength pre flop and post flop.

After you lead out and get re-raised what hands that don't beat you do you really expect to see?
Old 10-07-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paradise $10 rebuy, about 40% of field left, blinds 300/600/25. I am a little above average with T13K. I raise to 1800 in 2nd position with QQ and get 4 callers.

Turn is a 5. I bet 5000. 4th position raises 6000 allin, having me slightly covered. It is folded back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop. If you are checking the flop, I think checking the turn and river unless you improve is the best play.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:37 PM

You don't reraise with AK every time, do you? It fits in with his position (as your first caller), and he probably wasn't happy having 3 callers behind, either. I agree it seems less likely than a set of tens or sevens, but that is a safe flop for AK and he might have wanted to check-raise. The turn card doesn't change a thing. The only hands I rule out are AA and KK.

I agree that KQ-T is unlikely for him, I'd expect to see a hand like that from later position (where odds start trumping your position as open-raiser).

Judging by the strength he's shown and the information given, I can't see you beating him here.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop. If you are checking the flop, I think checking the turn and river unless you improve is the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? i think the odds you're ahead aren't very good at this point, and if you are, you might win the pot by checking it down. also if you are ahead, you might get moved off the hand. with this many people in the pot, i rarely bet again if i don't have top pair or better.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:49 PM

This hand has me thinking about Shania. How much are the queens worth on that flop with 4 to act? With ~20BBs and a 15BB pot, what can you raise to w/o committing that still shows strength?

I'm serious, btw, not asking like I know the answer. I used to try to represent AK in these spots, but the burns outweighed the victories. Now I represent 62o and look for a better spot.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop. If you are checking the flop, I think checking the turn and river unless you improve is the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-07-2005, 08:27 PM

I lead out the flop generally. If you get a caller or a raiser then it is a fold. By not betting the flop you have a really tough decision here on the turn for all of your chips.

What did he have? 10-10?