Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Call this river?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
EASY CALL. 11.x:1 closing the action heads-up against a maniac? Oh yeah. You have an enormous overlay on this bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP3 isn't a maniac.

I'd fold.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I got my villains confused... posting while 6-tabling is bad news. Mea Culpa.

Looking back at the desc. of MP3, I'm ok with folding the river, but still think a turn raise might be in order?
Old 05-14-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Call this river?

[ QUOTE ]
I think thats a relatively easy fold, 33% of showdowns isnt alot, now if itere 45-50 then we could warrant a call but the 12% of showdowns won just means he is running bad (you probably have a small sample size too like 50 hands or so).

I like the idea of a turn raise there..

[/ QUOTE ]

The stats were for the "Should I raise the turn" discussion about the nut that would cap with 32s in a heads up pot pre-flop then would always seem to get to the river and call one but would drop if he had nothing and was faced with two. Granted, the time he showed J2o on the river he was betting it, after it had completely missed the board and there were still two other players in the pot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It was nice to sit at his table.

The River call decision was against a passive post flop player that might take a shot at a pot if an opponent had shown weakness, but he took control on the turn, after I had capped pre-flop and bet the flop, so I figure he had to have bare AK beat at that point.