Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Do you call down against mouses?

What do you do when you go against mouses? I'm talking about people with PFR numbers around 4-5.
The villain in this hand has a PFR of 4 after 500 hands.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

Villain shows KK which was kind of expected.
Against fishes and normal players, I push more on the flop. But I still don't feel good calling down against these tight players when they show aggression.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Do you call down against mouses?

Generally speaking, when a guy who's only raising 4% of his hands over this large a sample 3-bets me preflop, I'm already assuming I'm behind. Maybe he's got AK, and maybe he's got the case Queens, but other than that you're sunk.

Given that, when the pot becomes HU preflop, I'm not going to cap with my queens.

Unless this guy is uncharacteristically aggressive postflop, I think you can bet/fold the flop. I doubt he's raising with AK there (maybe with AK hearts, but you lose to that after the turn anyway), and even if he drank a quart of coffee &amp; decided to 3-bet with JJ or TT preflop, you're behind those, too. The pot isn't big enough to draw to your backdoor straight. I probably would peel a card if I had the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], tho.

This is a tough flop fold, make no mistake, but if you have that solid a read on your opponent, you have to follow it.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:54 PM

On this flop it's pretty easy to lay it down on the turn. Someone with a PFR of 4 is only 3-betting pocket pairs, and every single pocket pair beats your hand on this board.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:06 PM

yeah, if its 4%, you're pretty shafted

how many hands do you have on him?