Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Tough live hand for review

Live 5-150, I have about $475 behind. Villian has about $600 behind, he just sat down and starting putting on the LAG show and had double up in less than one orbit without a showdown. I have played with him once before and feel I have a very good feeling/read for his plays.

PF: LAG is in EP and raises to 25 (small raise for him, normally its 50-60), folds to me on the button with ATo with the SB a fellow 2+2'er that I also have a solid read on (I think) and know is folding and the semi-LAG in the BB is already starting muck as I reach for my cards, so I call, SB thinks about it (nice show) and folds.

Flop: T35 with two spades, LAG bets out 100, I raise 150, LAG calls.

Turn: 7 spade making 3 spades on board, LAG checks, I bet 150, LAG goes into stare down mode and flips up a red T and asks if a T is good, I tell him not one of them. He quickly calls.

River: K hearts, LAG bets 150...
Old 07-07-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Tough live hand for review

He pretty clearly has u beat IMO, he cannot be doing this with just a bare T.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LAG is in EP and raises to 25 (small raise for him, normally its 50-60), folds to me on the button with ATo

[/ QUOTE ]

Muck. ATo is a troublesome hand that often gets you in more trouble than it's worth. I'd only consider calling ATs.

[ QUOTE ]
button with ATo

[/ QUOTE ]

Due to the lack of mentioning it, I'm assuming you don't hold the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for that matter.

[ QUOTE ]
flips up a red T and asks if a T is good, I tell him not one of them

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a fan of coffeehousing at all. You're basically telling him you don't have a flush (if he can filter lies and such). He can give all the information he wants, but you don't have to say anything back to him.

[ QUOTE ]
River: K hearts, LAG bets 150...

[/ QUOTE ]

If the blinds are $3/$5, I'm counting $808 and you're getting $808:$150 odds with your second pair top kicker and especially knowing one of your opponent's cards helps as he can't possibly have a flush, but is willing to bet into you anyways.

I'd say it's a fairly easy call. You are priced into calling, and if he caught his K kicker on the river, just tip your cap to him...he paid to catch up. This also goes into metagame considerations as if you fold in a pot this big at this point, you make yourself a target to be run over.

You're lucky you're not playing no limit because then a pot sized bet by LAG would be incredibly difficult to call (but it probably would have been played differently anyways).

Incidently, were you planning to value bet the river if he checked to you?

Garland
Old 07-07-2005, 05:35 AM

Fold.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's a fairly easy call. You are priced into calling, and if he caught his K kicker on the river, just tip your cap to him...he paid to catch up. This also goes into metagame considerations as if you fold in a pot this big at this point, you make yourself a target to be run over.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2005, 10:30 AM

Called your priced in. Also i assume u got rivered k10 is what i assume he had am i right?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:08 PM

Good, we are on the same page, then.

Yes the blinds are 3/5 so your pot calc is dead on.

Yes I did have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], so I did have a backdoor flush draw, but frankly it did not really come into mind.

Yep, this was 110% metagame play. There was no way I was folding the river for a 150 bet, if he had the KT more power to him and I relook at me reads of him.

River Ko, LAG bets 150, I call, MHIG, he tabled T rag.

Got to reply this hand the next orbit with almost the exact same cards too, my A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T on the flop with two spades, no paint on the turn or river, and all of his chips in my stack with the nut flush.