Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 05:24 PM

Default conspiracy theorists

I'm really, really sick of the following exchange in MTTs:

Player A gets brutally sucked out on some miracle river and the following exchange happens:

player A: only at (insert site name)
me: gg
player A: this *expletive* is so rigged
me: if you think it's rigged why do you continue to play here?
player A: it's not totally rigged, just rigged for action...so many flushes and straights, never seen so many four of a kinds and full houses
me: I assume you have data to back up your wild claim
player A: dude, I've been playing poker for (insert number) years and it's different online. I just know.
me: you're right, you see a lot more hands online and the action's a lot quicker.
player A: it's totally bullshit
me: THEN WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO PLAY HERE

on top of this, last week, some guy said he knew that the RNG was set up to eliminate players in a certain order and "tries" to knock out players right up against the break. He actually said 'those of us who know about it have a slight edge, but if you want to continue to be ignorant about it...'. I said "okay, let's see your data". He stammered for a while, claimed to have "inside knowledge" then got moved to another table.

The first instance just cracks me up. The second one seemed to be way over the top and flat out ludicrous but I'm wondering if anyone else has heard that hairbrained theory.