Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 05:15 PM

Default does anyone else play at paradise?

seems like most people play at party or other places
Old 04-27-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: does anyone else play at paradise?

I play mostly at Paradise although I have been playing at Stars as well lately. I am starting to like Stars a bit more due to the fact that their structures are much better than Paradise for the most part.

I still like the Paradise software much better though.

Which tourneys do you play at Paradise?
Old 04-27-2005, 05:26 PM

I grind ring games there at times, and have played the tournies in the past. Currently my bankroll is curtailing my MTT activity.

Most people's feelings is Paradise tournies have a poor structure with the levels to short (10-15 minutes), and high antes, combining to eliminate play and make for an early push fest.

I have had more success there (several top 5 finishes including 2 #1s) however than on Party or Stars. Party I find the 1K starting chips too low. I've gotten deep in a few tournies, but early exits are all too common as well.

Stars seems to have an exellent structure, I just recently funded my account there, and haven't built my bank roll up yet to have any serious MTT runs. I did win some satellite entries at stars to larger tournies without too much sweat.

Many people like the Absolute structure, but I have no experience there.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:27 PM

Hi Puka, I recognize your screenname. I play mostly the Ocean and Seahorse, although I play a ton of hi/lo MTTs as well.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:49 PM

what do you guys mean about Stars' structure being better? every tourney I've looked at is 15 min and identical blinds to paradise. Seems the same as the Ocean and Seahorse to me.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:57 PM

Antes are smaller/slower and they don't skip as many levels on Stars. It takes longer to become a crapshoot allin fest.

The sats on Paradise are the worst I have ever seen as well.

I still love the site and have had some real success there but it could be way better.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:02 PM

But most of Paradise tournies are 12 minute levels, not 15.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Antes are smaller/slower and they don't skip as many levels on Stars. It takes longer to become a crapshoot allin fest.

The sats on Paradise are the worst I have ever seen as well.

I still love the site and have had some real success there but it could be way better.

[/ QUOTE ]

antes are identical from what I'm looking at...please point to a specific example of the differences?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:10 PM

The rebuy tourneys are what I am talking about.

I think you are correct when it comes to the freezout $50 or better tourneys.

The 50k is the one that I am most annoyed at. It is basically a $90 buy-in if you take one rebuy and the addon but it has 12 minute levels. It is a great tourney but if you don't accumulate a ton of chips by mid tourney you are pretty much forced into all in or fold mode.

I also tried playing the 100k sats last Saturday and was totally annoyed at the fact they had 6 minute levels and the blinds kept jumping. I had the chip lead overall going into the "stalling" period and ended up missing a seat by one. The blinds would go up at least once if not twice a round. Absolute crapshoot.

Maybe some others could chime in regarding Paradise although it seems most people play Stars or Party as you mentioned.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:04 PM

The sats...okay, I agree. The rebuys I've had a lot of success with so I guess either I'm extremely lucky or developed a somewhat sound strat. The two times I've finished on the final table in the 20k I've only bought in initially, and then added on. No rebuys whatsoever, and truthfully, not all that insanely lucky. Just 3-4 key doublethroughs and not a lot of bleed each time.