Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Re: AA - Call or fold

i would not even fold AK in this spot against a random $100 NL player on party. Since he have so small stack left hes gonna do this play with almost every hand he called you with preflop. Im kinda sure he would have pushed you all-in with KK preflop (if hes a random $100 NL party player that is). So the only thing i would be worried about is he holding a small set, which you have to pay of in this case. My guess is that he had AK or even as weak as KQs.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:33 PM

"i would not even fold AK in this spot against a random $100 NL player on party."

Would you have reraised preflop holding AK offsuit in my position? It seems I have a defect in my thinking there since I don't usually and others seem to.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You'll see AK here more frequently than you'll be behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-09-2005, 04:01 PM

Ah yes.

Need better hand to call than to bet; Call preflop reraise with AK; therefore bet reraise preflop with AK!

Excuse my dunceness. The wheels turn slowly sometimes.
Thanks.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:11 PM

Call. I would expect to be behind, but with his short stack relative to the size of the pot, you're probably ahead way more than the 33% of the time (or so) that you need to be +EV to call getting approximately 2:1 pot odds.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Also, given no reads, I'm going to assume the average internet player and say your range of hands you put him on is way way way too narrow."

A hand range of at least AA-QQ and AK is probably a more reasonable range given preflop action of simply calling the reraise. Perhaps even a wider range of pairs still?

So after the flop Villan could have:

AA 1 combo (even)
AK 6 conbos (ahead)
KK 3 combos (behind)
QQ 6 combos (pushed flop?)

Simply adding AK to the hand range, and seeing that it is consistent with the betting action, makes the decision self evident, now. Thanks.

Guess I need to loosen up my ideas about preflop calling of reraises to keep up with the other Party Poker players :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

You are giving short stacked donkeys way way way way way too much credit by giving them a range with this quality.

Almost every time he is pushing because his hand quality is so low, and its the only way he can win. Insta call this.