Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Two Part Question (Winning Players Please)

Okay guys.

So the other night I'm sitting at my computer as usual. 2 IM conversations going. Reading 2+2. Watching Sportscenter. My phone is ringing occasionally, I'm trying to catch ESPN Insider in another window...and of course I'm playing a SNG and a MTT.

I then realize that, this is EXACTLY why I am not always on the top of my game, and why I go through insane streaks where I make a ton of money and then dive bomb for a month at a time. It also explains why I feel that I am a much better live player than online player at times.

So I have a question for some of you winning players out there.

#1. What do you guys do to keep concentrated on the poker going on? Do you constantly keep notes? Do you play 4-8 tables at a time? Do you not allow things like TV's and phones to be on when you play?

#2. Is it POSSIBLE to be a great and successful player with all of these distractions? I'm not going to throw 2+2 elite names out there, but are any of you guys consistently making FT's playing through the same distractions I am?