Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 03:01 AM

Default FPS?

UTG is unknown, +1 is 23/7/22(2/3.5/.7) (VP$IP/PFR/WSD(AF-F/AF-T/AF-R)) after about 75 hands.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

<font color="blue">I'm drawing dead (and likely paying for the privilege) if the flush is out there, but if it isn't then I'm probably going to win over 90% of the time, so I went for the overcall.</font>

River: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

<font color="blue">Okay, now I'm pretty sure the flush isn't out there, so this is a super easy value raise.</font>

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Scott
Old 12-21-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: FPS?

Bet the flop. You have an OESD in a pot that no one raised PF. Why risk getting it checked through? And once it's two back to you on the flop, you should cap it.

The turn brings the card you are waiting for and you don't raise? This makes no sense. You have the best hand and everyone should be paying you for it.

Also, you need to make UTG pay two bets if he wants to draw to another [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. By calling the turn you let the pot offer him 7-1, but raising makes it 9-2, which makes it incorrect for him to draw (appromixate odds, but you get the picture).

River: Ok - but calling it a "super easy value raise" when the board pairs on the river isn't likely the most accurate of assessments. The flop action could possibly mean someone flopped a set or two pair.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:02 AM

bet the flop

check raise the turn
Old 12-21-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm drawing dead (and likely paying for the privilege) if the flush is out there, but if it isn't then I'm probably going to win over 90% of the time, so I went for the overcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can't be right. What if a diamond comes on the river?

Gotta raise the turn.

-McGee