Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 12-14-2005, 11:55 AM

Default 10/20PLO - middle set in unraised pot

Party 2kPLO. Super soft crazy game. Villain is unknown to me which mean that he is a donk with probability of about 50% in those games. He didnt do anything stupid so far though. Dealing with random opponents is part of the game so I hope lack of reads dont make this post pointless.

I am in the big blind and have : 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Only Villain called and SB completed.

Pot 60 , flop : 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Sb pot it I called. I called because I like calling sometimes pot is small and this play doesnt cost me much value and maybe something interesting will happen on the turn. Just a random call.
Now Villain put pot size raise and SB folded. Effective stacks were 100BB before the hand Villain put 385$ in and have 1615$ left. I have 97$ in the pot thus 1900$ left.
When I was learning PLO it was instamuck for me. Unraised pot, middle set I am either crushed by 888 or have about 60-40 coinflip if Villain is sane.
On the other hand I saw so much donkness recently in those games that reraising (500 to allin) is very tempting. I dont like calling because Iam OOP and there are just too many scare cards , it would be difficult to play on the turn.
Ok , so what do you think ?
Old 12-14-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: 10/20PLO - middle set in unraised pot

You shouldn't call that SB flop bet. Thats what put you in this position. If you had raised and then been reraised you would know exactly where you stand.

That being said, I think its an easy fold to the reraise now that you played it that way. I think villain holding a bare 22 is an awfully low probability. Every other hand you are ahead of that does this has a lot of outs and is probably holding some of your redraw cards. Most of the time you are against 88 though.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: 10/20PLO - middle set in unraised pot

i almost always just muck it here, but i dont think reraising pot is bad here at all... if i just sat w/ 100BB stack i might consider it if the game was really dope and playing big so that doubling would be of alot of value.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:19 AM

Default RESULTS

I strongly considered mucking but decided to pot size raise. Villain went allin I called and I won a 2-1 coinflip vs As5s.
I think that this hand is good illustration of lowering one's callin/raising standards to Party opposition.

Best wishes
Old 12-15-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

Personally, I've never been to a country that has three sided coins. What made you decide your hand was likely best?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What made you decide your hand was likely best

[/ QUOTE ]

Experience in 10/20 games. I saw so many times ppl going allin with baby flush draws + guthosts, 2 pairs, overpairs, bottoms sets or even lone baby flush draws + overcards that I decided that middle set is worth it.
However I dont think its clearcut decision. Thats why I posted.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However I dont think its clearcut decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cool. PLO is a bitchass game to play online because of this. Lots of plays come down to gut feeling and percentage plays since most reads are effectively impossible. I was just curious if you saw him play bottom set or a weakish draw in the same way previously.

I probably play middle and bottom set hands post flop more than most of the other people on this forum. Without clear reads I generally fold the flop but I have moments of inspiration.