Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

Ok I'm beginning to think you have issues.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate seeing things like this.

While the guy obviously didn't reply to you the way you wanted, he did say he was working on things several times in emails you sent. Since it's going thru someone else to get you the shirt, what more do you think this guy could have done?

Was his reply appropriate? No, but who knows what you said in the various emails that you sent. I'm sure they have a mailbox full of things more important than multiple emails from you about a shirt.

You got someone fired because of a freakin shirt. I hope you feel good about yourself. There was no need to throw someone under a bus just to get what you wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry bro, he sucks at his job and deserves it. if you're in customer service, your job is to be courteous to people. Whether it's a shirt, a freeroll, or a $5,000 cashout, you still need to be professional. I say good riddance.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why should he have to waste his time by answering the question over and over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

because that's his job?
Old 12-19-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where does the buck stop then, Iggy? If it was no longer this guy's responsiblity, he should have pointed the OP to the right contact place to figure out what the heck was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, he should have. When push came to shove though, the OP had no problems doing that himself. This brings me back to the whole point of throwing the guy under the bus. It just wasn't needed to nag the guy constantly after he gave you the answer, whether you liked the answer or not. EVentually, the guy cracked.

As I've said many times, I don't condone the cracking, but the OP does not have his hands clean in this whole matter.

As I said before, I knew fully well there's no winning here for me. Just be a little more respectable of the common man, especially the ones working the crap jobs. You need them a lot more than they need you.

Consider me out of this thread now...
Old 12-19-2005, 01:13 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't really matter you can think whatever you like. I just didn't like the fact that I felt I was being blown off.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you fail to see is you weren't blown off. You were given an answer. He told you exactly that the request had been processed, sent to shipping and he couldn't give you any more information. You kept nagging and nagging after he told you he couldn't give you any more information until the guy snapped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to start with, the CS rep lied. The USPS most certainly does do tracking numbers; I sent a package off a couple of months ago with one, and followed it until I knew it made it there. The CS rep should have talked to his manager and said, "Hey, boss, I've got an unhappy customer here; what can we do for him?" I've been in CS myself, and you never, ever let something like this go on without raising it to a higher level, if you can't deal with it yourself. And you certainly do not blow off a customer that way. Anyone who deals with customers should have "The customer is not an interruption to our business, the customer is our business" firmly embedded in his brain.

This wasn't nagging, this is a customer with an unfulfilled order being given the runaround. The CS rep here deserved to be reprimanded at the very least, and if this was part of a pattern of behavior, fired. But it was Absolute's prerogative to handle it, and the OP has nothing to be ashamed of.

-Mike
Old 12-19-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my best Columbo voice, "uh, one more thing, sir,"

You have to admit, weird way of treating a customer you tracked down to offer a VIP package to. I mean, these guys can't be so incompetent that they don't realize the rep they are earning regarding their customer service (including RB payments).
Old 12-19-2005, 01:47 AM

Yea, I guess there's nothing really more to say, but I find your holding on to this position mind-boggling. It's inappopriate, right? The OP wasn't throwing anyone under the bus, right? Yet "the OP's hands aren't clean?" WTF?

Iggy, most of your posts on 2+2 are hilarious and worthwhile, but you're out in left field on this thread. Sorry bud.

[ QUOTE ]

As I've said many times, I don't condone the cracking, but the OP does not have his hands clean in this whole matter.

As I said before, I knew fully well there's no winning here for me. Just be a little more respectable of the common man, especially the ones working the crap jobs. You need them a lot more than they need you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-19-2005, 01:57 AM

Ditto. Other than simply being rude for no reason, it's unacceptable to treat customers like crap. But I guess low wage CSRs don't really care about their jobs anyway.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:03 AM

For all we know, he is now a full time AP prop player, on the lookout for the OP, who I am sure has long since left Dodge.
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 02:13 AM

Lesson for the CS Rep: You can say anything you want, and deny it if questioned, but whatever you say in an e-mail is forever!