Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]

Here's the main thing - you submit a problem; you wait a day to get a totally generic response that, say, quotes the policy directly from the homepage but IN NO WAY addreses your specific problem;
you submit the same problem again explaining it even more detail;
you wait up to two days for a slightly more intelligent response;
repeat;
expect an especially long delay if they have to get in touch with other departments.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be thinking of Party. Add in at least three unanswered emails per step for Absolute.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:31 AM

I wouldn't allow myself to feel any guilt. The customer service rep. is responsible for getting himself fired (assuming that he was actually fired). His behavior was unacceptable. His job is to deliver quality customer service and he demonstrated an inability or unwillingness to meet the basic requirement of his job. Furthermore, management made the decision to (allegedly) terminate his employment. Management could have simply issued a warning or found an alternative solution short of firing him. Also, it's very possible he lost his cool on other occasions and your complaint just expedited his inevitable termination. Ultimately, you are only responsible for your thoughts and behaviors. The customer service rep made unfortunate choices and now he's reaping the harvest he has sown. In my line of work, if my behavior approximated his I would be fired on the spot. Quality customer service requires a degree of emotional control this representative couldn't or wouldn't sustain. I applaud your assertiveness and contribution towards improving customer service for online poker players. Most sites, including Party, Absolute, Paradise, Ultimate Bet, etc. could learn a lot from Pokerstars (especially supervisor Jeff at PS).

JeffreyREBT "Wherein I don't promise to make you rich without trying, or even trying very hard; I do promise to say things that will make you FEEL rich." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 12:31 AM

I'm with Iggy, all this for a stinkin t-shirt.

I absolutely understand where you're coming from, (his response was way out of line) but I think your response was over the top. You'll probably think of that guy every time you put on the shirt!!

- Mac
Old 12-19-2005, 12:36 AM

"After a little over 4 weeks I hadn't received the shirt and sent an e-mail to see if there was a delay. No response. I sent 3 more e-mail before I finally got this back"

You said right there that you sent 3 emails before you got that response from him.

" I personally sent the order to our shipping people for you so I will assure you that it is en route although I cannot give you an exact date or a tracking as it was sent regular mail and the USPS doesn?t do tracking numbers."

What more does he have to say? He told you he sent the request and it was being processed but could give you no more information on it.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"After a little over 4 weeks I hadn't received the shirt and sent an e-mail to see if there was a delay. No response. I sent 3 more e-mail before I finally got this back"

You said right there that you sent 3 emails before you got that response from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you think that's ok? My confused.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you think that's ok? My confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the guy already gave the OP the answer to his question. Why should he have to waste his time by answering the question over and over again. He sent the request to the shipping department but could give no more info on when or how long it would be to ship. What more do you want?
Old 12-19-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, the guy already gave the OP the answer to his question. Why should he have to waste his time by answering the question over and over again. He sent the request to the shipping department but could give no more info on when or how long it would be to ship. What more do you want?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what the OP says: "After a little over 4 weeks I hadn't received the shirt and sent an e-mail to see if there was a delay. No response. I sent 3 more e-mail before I finally got this back:"

It took him four emails to get any response at all. This is not after he'd gotten an answer.

Plus, a guy who's entire job is ARP and store manager ought to have time to figure out whether/when store packages have gone out. It is, after all, supposedly what he's being paid for.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent these e-mails to customer support. He's the manager of the store and came in after customer support had already replied.

By en route I assumed he was saying that it shipped. After 2 weeks I e-mailed him again and was getting frustrated that's why the sarcastic Day 59 title and the Day 60 title after he didn't respond.

It doesn't really matter you can think whatever you like. I just didn't like the fact that I felt I was being blown off.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't really matter you can think whatever you like. I just didn't like the fact that I felt I was being blown off.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you fail to see is you weren't blown off. You were given an answer. He told you exactly that the request had been processed, sent to shipping and he couldn't give you any more information. You kept nagging and nagging after he told you he couldn't give you any more information until the guy snapped.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:55 AM

Where does the buck stop then, Iggy? If it was no longer this guy's responsiblity, he should have pointed the OP to the right contact place to figure out what the heck was going on.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What you fail to see is you weren't blown off. You were given an answer. He told you exactly that the request had been processed, sent to shipping and he couldn't give you any more information. You kept nagging and nagging after he told you he couldn't give you any more information until the guy snapped.

[/ QUOTE ]