Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-18-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

I can only hope my recent conversation with support gets somebody fired this week. My feeling about Absolute is that they could be good if somebody came in and cleaned house. But too many people there are utterly incompetent.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can only hope my recent conversation with support gets somebody fired this week. My feeling about Absolute is that they could be good if somebody came in and cleaned house. But too many people there are utterly incompetent.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - but they have some snazzy new skins!!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 11:39 PM

"...they probably sit next to each at their desks laughing at my e-mails ..."

Don't forget the high fiving when they hit the 'send' button.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm not winning this one with the masses and I really don't care. If I can change maybe 1 person, then it's worth it for everyone who works crap jobs now and in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude. I have worked many a crap job myself. I have come awful close to losing my cool many a time in said jobs. But if your job is "Customer Service," and you treat a customer that poorly, you deserve to be reprimanded and/or fired. Period. If you have had a real tough job before, I can understand why you'd rush to this guy's defense, but I hope you understand that it is empathy and not rationality that is making you feel that way.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:05 AM

I woulda fired him. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for posting...enjoy the shirt.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you understand that it is empathy and not rationality that is making you feel that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a little of both. We don't know what the OP said in his emails, but I'd be willing to bet from the way the post was written that the emails weren't filled with kind wishes (and the "they probably sit next to each at their desks laughing at my e-mails" all but sures that up for me). The CS guy gave an answer, yet the OP continued to bug the CS guy when it was made clear it was out of the CS guy's hands.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:19 AM

Working at Kmart stressful? People are in Iraq fighting, getting killed everyday and you get in a shouting match at Kmart with a customer because you had too many things going on?

OP did not "get" him fired. The email was stupid and was uncalled for. I would have done the same thing.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Working at Kmart stressful? People are in Iraq fighting, getting killed everyday and you get in a shouting match at Kmart with a customer because you had too many things going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great comparison, I forgot the part where I was yelling at the customer "I'm a soldier".
Old 12-19-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a little of both. We don't know what the OP said in his emails, but I'd be willing to bet from the way the post was written that the emails weren't filled with kind wishes (and the "they probably sit next to each at their desks laughing at my e-mails" all but sures that up for me). The CS guy gave an answer, yet the OP continued to bug the CS guy when it was made clear it was out of the CS guy's hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should go back and read the post. When did he say it was out of his hands? I was writing to customer service and he came in and said he would take care of it. He said he sent it by the post office and when I didn't receive it after 2 weeks I wrote to find out what was going on.

The only e-mail I didn't post between me and the guy from the store was my reply to his origanal e-mail thanking him for taking care of it and saying it was the lack of responses to my e-mails that was troubling me more so than the shirt.

And it was my wife who made the laughing comment after the fact.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:25 AM

It does seem kind of odd to get so worked up about a shirt. But, if that's what's important to you, then they need to do something about it. The thing is, they were trying to WIN YOU BACK as a customer.

I agree that AP customer service is way below average.
I don't visit here all that often and haven't seen the other complaints, but I'm glad to know that others have noticed.

I actually sent an email to the same poker room manager a few days ago about it after getting poor response to a problem I submitted to customer service.

Here's the main thing - you submit a problem; you wait a day to get a totally generic response that, say, quotes the policy directly from the homepage but IN NO WAY addreses your specific problem;
you submit the same problem again explaining it even more detail;
you wait up to two days for a slightly more intelligent response;
repeat;
expect an especially long delay if they have to get in touch with other departments.

Admittedly, you find a similar pattern with a lot of sites, at least when it comes to the first "rebuff" response. But it's just every single time on AP and it's a real drag. They must hire their CSR's for their typing ability, because they seem to lack basic analytical and customer interaction skills.