FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Your action
Fold 16 47.06%
Call 10 29.41%
Raise 0 0%
Kick the dog 8 23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Re: You\'re starting an NFL franchise...

jeff-

if i had to make this decision it would be to go with LT in both situations. i would prefer to trade this hypothetical pick and get some quality OL/DL depth.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:47 PM

You're looking on the wrong side of the ball for the sole reason your Pats have 2 Super Bowl titles.

ummm, you do remember the final two minutes of each of those games, right? i do [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2004, 04:50 PM

I do too...Defense kept the other team from blowing the Pats out. Brady grinds out a few yards and both SB titles are on the leg of Adam Vinatieri, who gets precisely ZERO respect, as Brady "earns" both MVP awards.

As I said before, not saying Brady sucks, but he's anything BUT the next Montana. The Pats do what the Pistons did last year - they win as a team, with killer defense and adequate offense.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:00 PM

I'm a VT alum, and have nothing but respect for Vick. However, I don't think he has ever gone a season (college or pro) where he wasn't injured. His style is such that he is very likely to be injured in any given season. He certainly knows how to win, and I saw him win many games on his own in college, but I don't think you want to build your team solely around him because he most likely won't be putting in 16 (+) games a year.

As an aside, I was at the 1999 sugar bowl, and Vick's was the most amazing performance I have seen.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a VT alum, and have nothing but respect for Vick. However, I don't think he has ever gone a season (college or pro) where he wasn't injured. His style is such that he is very likely to be injured in any given season. He certainly knows how to win, and I saw him win many games on his own in college, but I don't think you want to build your team solely around him because he most likely won't be putting in 16 (+) games a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is precisely why I didn't choose Vick for Scenario 2. Choose him first, and you are perpetually one blindside hit away from watching your franchise get flushed down the toilet.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:05 PM

All players can get potentially injured, some more than others. This is one of the reasons i would trade said pick and build my team off several top level players, not 1.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:14 PM

Have you watched him at all this year? When was the last time he made a big play? Everytime the Ravens defense needs a big play, it is Ed Reed that makes it.

And Jonathan Ogden is clearly the best player on the Ravens, there is not an argument that you could make that would make me believe otherwise.

Although I do admit that i got carried away with the "History of the NFL" comment, I still stick to my statement that he is highly overrated.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:07 PM

I didn't read all the replies to this thread, but I will say that I am shocked (well, no, not really) that Manning was an overwhelming choice in BOTH (let alone, one) categories!

This guy has won NOTHING at this level, and has a rep of a choke-artist (although that may change). Brady has won 2 championships AND MVPs!!

Who can blame the public for their herd-mentality? Manning is getting all the 'pub' this year (deservedly), so all the minions echo the media's chant of "Manning...Manning".
Old 11-29-2004, 06:29 PM

I picked Manning/Vick. The QB is by far the most important position in the NFL.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:33 PM

How horrible was Marino, or what abiout Elway, until he finally won a ring? Your logic is completely stupid and flawed.

Manning was the MVP last year, he will be it this year, he is easily the best QB in the league, hands down, so you have to take him #1 in a fantasy style draft. To not do that would be stupid.