Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 06:28 AM

Default A-high river call. (200$ 6-max)

Prima Poker, so no converter sorry.
The table overall is very passive. However villian just sat down 3 hands ago so I don't know about him. He just called a minraise with AKo preflop then lead out each street unimproved and got called down and lost.

200$ 6-max, 6-players, BB=2$

Dealt to Hero: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero (UTG) raises to 8$
3 folds
sb calls 7$
bb folds.

Pot: 18$
Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet 8$ .

not sure about how much to bet here, I just want to take it down and hope that he missed. If I bet smaller he may call with anything, gutshots, overs etc. If I bet larger, up to the pot he might fold some more drawing hands but if he calls I pretty much have to give up. Is 8$ good?
Btw I should mention that he bought in for 50$.

Pot 34$
Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet 8$ again. He calls.

I'm very unsure what to do here. Should I already be giving up?, the board on the flop was very drawheavy so it's still very likely he doesnt have anything. I was probably thinking during the shorttime i acted that if I check behind I allow him to get a freecard and also the opportunity to bluff me away at the river even if I'm ahead right now. If i bet big he may checkraise me or again, just call with a big draw or a made hand (pair, set, twopair, whatever). I'm thinking that betting a small bet doesnt give a freecard and gives me a chance to see a free showdown aswell as get away cheaply if he checkraises? Maybe I should make my smaller bet a bit bigger though to give him worse odds on a flushdraw? Perhaps 15$?

Pot 50$
River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villian wakes up and bets 12$
Hero ???

As blank a river as it gets. The flop was twosuited and very straigthdraw heavy (T97) and the turn made another twosuit so there's a pretty big possibilty that he was on a draw and missed and is now making a small bet to maybe win the pot if I was betting with a hand like (AK or AQ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

If he bluffs like that 1 time out of 5 I have a call. Without that many draw on the board I'd fold but this time I called. Correct?

Btw, another important question.
After thinking 10 seconds and calling, he turned over As8h and I took it down.
I said "owned" in chat. Is this standard?
Old 06-05-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-05-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Re: A-high river call. (200$ 6-max)

[ QUOTE ]
wow, maybe you are ready for $1000 NL 6 max. Give it a try.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, maybe you are ready to shut up and stop posting. Give it a try.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: A-high river call. (200$ 6-max)

good thinking and good call.

however

1. stop underbetting the pot
2. stop tapping the glass

im not sure what to make of this post; you're either a thinking player who slipped into douchery or a douche who slipped into thinkery. lets hope its the former.

fim