Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Discussion about poker for a living

got to confess to not reading all the replies but here is my take:
ive done it now 2 summers in a row and you have to do it. Last summer in terms of money it was no where near as good as i was hoping, picked up about $4000 playing the $200 sitdowns. I had a break even month in august which really halted me. but anyways, it was great. whenever anyone wanted to go out or whenever people wanted to go on a weekend away or if i wanted to stay in bed till midday (which is a big plus), i had all the freedom while making a nice amount, and yes there are frustrating days but hey, there are in any job. You can pick and choose how much to work, when to work etc. I wouldnt like to do it as a full time job, but i think its excellent for us students.

seriously, i cant big it up enough, the one crucial thing is make sure you are confident with your game. The first summer i did it, looking back i didnt have the mental side or the game to do it, this summer im so in control of my game, never go on tilt, just sit back, listen to music or watch sport on tv and play some cards. enjoy it.