Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Party 15: TPTK vs. Passive turn raise in multiway pot.

CO is passive: He sees around 45% of flops and very rarely raises. He is not very aggressive post flop either.

My thoughts are in <font color="blue">blue.</font>

Party 15/30 (9 handed)

Preflop: Jeff is UTG+1 with Kd, Ac.
UTG raises, Jeff 3-bets, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, 1 fold, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (18.66 SB) 8h, 4c, Ks (6 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Jeff bets, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11.83 BB) Jd (5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Jeff bets, MP1 calls, CO raises, BB calls $28 (All-In), UTG folds, Jeff 3-bets, MP1 folds, CO caps, Jeff calls.

<font color="blue"> I was trying to knock out MP1 if he had a live draw, but I think that I made a mistake reraising CO. </font>

River: (21.76 BB) 9c (3 players, 1 all-in)
Jeff checks, CO bets, Jeff calls.

<font color="blue">I don't think I can fold getting 22:1 with TPTK, even though it's virtually certain I am beat. Do I win 1/23 times? </font>
Old 06-08-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Party 15: TPTK vs. Passive turn raise in multiway pot.

Hi Jeff

I think your river line is fine. You have to call. But I was considering checking the turn and possibly raising a late position bet. Or if it gets checked through, no problem. They were going to draw out on you anyways. Reminds me of a hand where Sklanksy talks about checking AA against a bunch of players where it had been capped pre flop and everyone - including gutshots - was getting odds to call. I think he might have been talking about checking the flop though and making them pay on the turn.

The bottom line is - I play it like you think you should have. Not reraise the turn - that leaves you open to the cap. But then you have to call the river. He will have AK at least once in 23 hands.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He will have AK at least once in 23 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's what you're banking on, then doesn't the pot have to be laying you 46:1 odds, given that you're 'banking' on a chop??
I'd prob just call CO's turn raise, and call down...but given your 3-bet turn, I fold to the CO cap: I think you're drawing dead against a set of jacks or eights, or at best to 3 A outs if CO has KJ
Old 06-08-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO is passive: He sees around 45% of flops and very rarely raises. He is not very aggressive post flop either.

My thoughts are in <font color="blue">blue.</font>

Party 15/30 (9 handed)

Preflop: Jeff is UTG+1 with Kd, Ac.
UTG raises, Jeff 3-bets, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, 1 fold, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (18.66 SB) 8h, 4c, Ks (6 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Jeff bets, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11.83 BB) Jd (5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Jeff bets, MP1 calls, CO raises, BB calls $28 (All-In), UTG folds, Jeff 3-bets, MP1 folds, CO caps, Jeff calls.

<font color="blue"> I was trying to knock out MP1 if he had a live draw, but I think that I made a mistake reraising CO. </font>

River: (21.76 BB) 9c (3 players, 1 all-in)
Jeff checks, CO bets, Jeff calls.

<font color="blue">I don't think I can fold getting 22:1 with TPTK, even though it's virtually certain I am beat. Do I win 1/23 times? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to thread hijack here, but I play 5/10 right now (sometimes 10/20), is it common to have 3 people COLD CALL three bets at 15/30?
Old 06-08-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or if it gets checked through, no problem. They were going to draw out on you anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'll let myself elaborate: If you have a made hand vs. a bunch of drawing hands, giving them a free card is nothing short of disastrous.