Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: 3-betting as opposed to folding situations

But ckessel, one of my questions specifically was directed to 3-betting a weak/tight player, when we know the blinds will fold. So under your reasoning, why are we 3-betting there with just J10s of the hands I originally mentioned?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But ckessel, one of my questions specifically was directed to 3-betting a weak/tight player, when we know the blinds will fold. So under your reasoning, why are we 3-betting there with just J10s of the hands I originally mentioned?

[/ QUOTE ]

JTs is a candidate because I think it's less likely to be dominated than a K, Q, or weak Ax hand. JTs also has more potential to flop a made hand or draw, while KTo or A8s is less likely to flop a good draw and any pair you hit is very suspect to domination. JT is suspect as well, but I don't think as suspect as a A, K or Q against a weak-tight raiser.

And you can't assume the blinds will fold. You can hope, but if one of them has a hand, they'll come along. JTs is more flexible if a blind calls or raises. If you 3 bet A8s and a blind calls, there's a damn good chance he also dominates your Ace. JTs may be dominated, but it plays multiway better than A8s will.

Again though, I think 3-betting any of the hands is usually bad, even on a weak-tight raiser. If I was going to pick one of the hands to occasionally make a move with though, it'd be JTs.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:05 PM

What do you guys think of 3-betting pps? I like to do it a LOT. I know that they probably dont have equity by themselves but they play so good in position. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 02:09 PM

As I mentioned earlier, I feel that pocket pairs of 88 and up are easy 3-bets at most tables. 77 and 66 feel borderline against unknowns.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:12 PM

Yeah I 3-bet 88 easily but I meant like isolating with 44-55. I have done it a couple of times recently and I feel quite comfortable with it if you have a somewhat decent image(ie they have to believe you only do this with AK,TT or something).
Old 12-06-2005, 04:04 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
I fold them all. Domination sucks.

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

but position and initiative do not
Old 12-06-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If the ones I mentioned before were clear folds, then how do people feel about 3-betting with AJo, A10s, A10o, KQo and 77 (with the lineup I mentioned before)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3-bet all of these hands pretty often, but not always. Sometimes I fold them if the raiser is too tight, and in an early position. Err, 77 I never fold.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

Krishan
Old 12-06-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

but position and initiative do not

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tease me Josh. Are you suggesting that you might 3-bet any of those hands in the op?