Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:55 PM

Default 99

No solid read, but villain seems no the loose/passive side (only 20 hands, though).

I was gonna check/fold the turn (?). Can I call the river?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB
Old 12-06-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: 99

I don't know about that river call. Especially if he is loose/passive.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:13 PM

I always call that. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always call that. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gimme a hand range please.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:18 PM

Either bet the turn again or check-fold the river. Unpaired diamonds will be obliged to check it through, gutshots will fold on the turn, some Ts and Qs may fold. I'd just check-fold.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:31 PM

JJ-22,KQ-K9,QJ,J10,109s,98s,J9s,108s
Something like that.
We are 42% vs that range which is enough for a call. I discounted the aces,Q10 since I believe he would bet it on the turn. I thought he would 3-bet AQ,QQ preflop.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something like that.
We are 42% vs that range which is enough for a call. I discounted the aces,Q10 since I believe he would bet it on the turn. I thought he would 3-bet AQ,QQ preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you put in 89s, did you put in all 89s, or just the ones with the flush draw? Low pairs need to be seriously discounted as well. I would probably only include one combo of each, such as the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] combo. That would give them a 25% weighting, which I think is generous.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you put in 89s, did you put in all 89s, or just the ones with the flush draw? Low pairs need to be seriously discounted as well. I would probably only include one combo of each, such as the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] combo. That would give them a 25% weighting, which I think is generous.

[/ QUOTE ]
no I took every 89s. I picked a range which I thought he would cold call with and worked from there.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no I took every 89s. I picked a range which I thought he would cold call with and worked from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to change your range once he calls the flop bet. Then you need to change your range once he checks the turn. Then you need to change your range once he bets the river.

Not all of these things have drastic effects, but you do have to think about them, and not only go by preflop. Counting combos is great, but people really need to start weighing these combos more.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to change your range once he calls the flop bet. Then you need to change your range once he checks the turn. Then you need to change your range once he bets the river.

Not all of these things have drastic effects, but you do have to think about them, and not only go by preflop. Counting combos is great, but people really need to start weighing these combos more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you think Q10 is more probable than 22? Imo a loose passive plays them exaclty the same. Why should I discount any 89s? He has a gutshot. Thats enough for a loose passive. I think you are unfair right now. I did change my range on every street except the river. But the river bet can imo mean anything. Even loose passives realise they might have to bluff their J9s or 98s here. :/