Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 11-25-2005, 12:15 AM

Default kem or copag?

Im assuming either kem or copag cards are the best cards, but I dont know which ones to choose.

I hear kem are better but copag are cheaper. also heard copag were more durable.

so I gotta few questions

whats the price range on both of these brands? and where can you get them cheap?

if there was no price, which would you get cause you think they feel better?

and which are better overall because of price/feel?

maybe ill end up just getting both.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: kem or copag?

I have Copegs and love them. I got them for 15 shipped (2 Decks & case), with a free dealer button and some sample chips too.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:55 AM

Copags all the way, 12.50 for 2 decks on ebay, shipped case and card cuts. Love them and they last a pretty long time, very durable
Old 11-25-2005, 11:07 AM

Copag.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:42 AM

well do you guys have kems too?
i dont really care about spending a bit more for kems, so if you just bought copags cause they were cheaper and never used kems that doesnt prove their better
Old 11-25-2005, 11:45 AM

Kem cards are great cards and are the cards by which other cards are judged. However, Copag are just as good, last just as long, and are half the price. The only problem I have experienced, if you want to call it a problem, is that when you set the stack of cards down, the top card tends to slide off the deck. Kem does not seem to have this problem. It doesn't really effect play that much. Also, they have less glare making it easier to see the flopped cards. Money is not an issue for me, I'd gladly pay the money for Kem cards, however, since I've started using Copags, I see no reason to change.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:00 PM

I've had KEM's, Copags, and Modianos.

Other than the artwork and colors, I think Copags are just as good as KEM cards. They also feel more substantial than KEM's.

Have you ever used a plastic card before, and if so, do you like the flimsy feeling compared to a paper deck?

If you'd like an even more substantial feeling card, that feels more like a paper deck, I'd recommend modianos (check caragails.com). Here's a review:

http://www.homepokertour.com/reviews_modiano_bj.php

steve
<font color="navy">My Home Poker Tour</font>
Old 11-25-2005, 01:01 PM

I have both, and I like Kems just a little better. The copags are nice, but they are very slippery. For me its not a problem, but I have friends that cannot shuffle very well so its a small issue for them. Keeo in mind though that its a very small issue, and you may actually prefer that feel.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have both, and I like Kems just a little better. The copags are nice, but they are very slippery. For me its not a problem, but I have friends that cannot shuffle very well so its a small issue for them. Keeo in mind though that its a very small issue, and you may actually prefer that feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found that my first set of Copags had pretty much no texture at all and were really slippery.

The second set I got had a rougher texture, and were not as slippery. I think they may have changed their manufacturing process or something...

steve
<font color="navy">My Home Poker Tour</font>
Old 11-25-2005, 01:59 PM

Ive decided to get kem cards.

i looked around and saw what people had to say and it seems kem is the 'standard' and the best card to get. I also like the arrow design on it. i dont really mind paying a bit more, and eventually Ill probably get copags

ty for help