Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Weak ace in the blind

Middle stages of tourney

Mp is a good player, agressive and fearless it seems, I have encountered him on more the one occasion and he is quite capable of making ones decissions though. Lp I know little of.

Blinds 200/400

Mp raises 3xbb, lp calls, sb folds, I hold A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and complete.

Mp stack is 19K, lp stack is 9K I got 17K

Flopp A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, Oop bets 2000, lp folds, I raise to 4000

Oop goes all in. I ?

Raise to small? Do you find it more sucsefull to lead on this flopp?Would you think c/r is the best play? Or do you favour c/call then bet? Line help please. Would you fold this hand pf when you know it is hard to outplay your opponent? Mp is creative, his range could be fairly large, He could have A-x s( then it is not a flush draw, but perhaps decent kicker or two paired), A-K-T, PP-any, suited connectors, I am lost with this guy.

Do you call with this weak A?

Second question, when a blind c/r on an A flopp, how liberated are you with regards to moves?

I`ll post mp`s hand if I get some discussion going
Old 11-03-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Weak ace in the blind

There are only a handful of decent flush draws with the ace on the flop, whereas there are many hands with an ace to raise from MP.

He's betting into two other players ATF, and he's willing to show you his stack. I think you are behind, and I'd let it go.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:57 PM

It's a terrible call pf for this reason, you're screwed on the flop. You have to fold to the push.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:18 PM

Fold preflop. Check/fold the flop.

I would rather call preflop with 74o or something. Atleast when you hit, you have less chance of being dominated. A3s is a much stronger hand than A3o, but is still probably not worth a call.

People play aces (some even call raises with A3o). Why do you doubt the flop bettor has one?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:27 PM

If you're gonna call preflop, I lead the flop and fold to a raise.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I don't like check/folding this flop.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I don't like check/folding this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why throw good money after bad. That's why calling preflop is so terrible.

Pretty likely you are way behind an ace or slightly ahead of a flush draw.

Some people can't fold what might be a winning hand. That's why they call with A3o is the first place.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:44 PM

Fold preflop. Why are you even calling this?? Weak ace out of position. 3 handed? wtf?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some people can't fold what might be a winning hand. That's why they call with A3o is the first place.

[/ QUOTE ] The reason I called was that I hadnt played a hand in somewhile, and thought I might get credit for a better hand( the cards in your hole isnt always what matters betgo). I carefully choose( or at least I try to) the moments I play less then premium or prosperous hands, I thought this was an opportunity at a decent price.
If one sets the combined range one might be up against when your opponent is creative and one limper as something like this:AA-44, AKs-A9s, KQs-KJs, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, AKo-A9o, KQo, QJo, JTo, T9o, 98o, 87o you are only 40/60 dog pf.
Against that same range I am 68 favourite after flopp.

Basically it comes down to if I want to credit him with an A or not. An if he is gutsy enough to read my raise and none raise pf as a weak A, making a bid I will have a though time calling.

Slightly offended by the little hidden dissing
Old 11-03-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] The reason I called was that I hadnt played a hand in somewhile, and thought I might get credit for a better hand( the cards in your hole isnt always what matters betgo). I carefully choose( or at least I try to) the moments I play less then premium or prosperous hands, I thought this was an opportunity at a decent price.
If one sets the combined range one might be up against when your opponent is creative and one limper as something like this:AA-44, AKs-A9s, KQs-KJs, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, AKo-A9o, KQo, QJo, JTo, T9o, 98o, 87o you are only 40/60 dog pf.
Against that same range I am 68 favourite after flopp.

Basically it comes down to if I want to credit him with an A or not. An if he is gutsy enough to read my raise and none raise pf as a weak A, making a bid I will have a though time calling.

Slightly offended by the little hidden dissing

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are looking to steal, call from the button or CO. You are out of position.

I don't care what % dig you are preflop. A3o is one of the worse possible hands to call a raise with. About the only decent hand you can make is aces up. If an ace or 3 hits, are you going to play it aggressively? That's right. I guess you did.