Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

View Poll Results: are you lonely ?
not really... if you make me think about it enough i might start to feel it. 42 35.00%
nope. 30 25.00%
yes. hold me. 48 40.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Bizarro Poker Game

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious - for those who answered the poll with a "Yes" for whether the game is beatable:

How is this game beatable? What would be your strategy to beat this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I answered yes, but I suppose it all depends on how frequently you have to "drop a dollar". Without that rule, there are no blinds and no antes, so all you have to do is fold every hand except pocket As and you should win in the long run. Obvioulsy you could play a few more, but the point is that you can play super-uber-tight without any penalty.

The "drop a dollar" silliness is something like a de facto ante, though, so it may make the game unbeatable.

Either way, even if its theoretically beatable, I wouldn't play in the game because it sounds so painfully retarded. Plus I hate the idea of paying any sort of rake at a "home game". If I'm going to pay for the privaledge of paying poker, I want the benefits of state regulation, cameras, security, people who know what the [censored] they are doing, etc...
Old 12-19-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Bizarro Poker Game

Do not play in this "mint joint" game

I can't believe you didn't walk out after a few rounds of this:
"hands were dealt by the same dealer at my table, who was playing at the same time and raking the pot, and doing all sorts of crazy things with the cards - could have been a mechanic, but if he was, he was good enough that I couldn't catch it. He was winning huge pots off of people time and time again with the nuts against the second nuts"