Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 05:42 PM

Default TT hand - mid tournament

394 entrants. currently 87 remaining. This is a tourney for Tournament Dollars. Top 18 get $215 in tournament dollars. Average stack is about 22k.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG+1 (t14699)
MP1 (t15954)
MP2 (t63242)
Hero (t20490)
CO (t27102)
Button (t29010)
SB (t3102)
BB (t17240)
UTG (t36542)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t1600</font>, i fold, hero????
Old 11-10-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: TT hand - mid tournament

There's two ways of playing it: just calling, or re-raising another 3K or so and seeing if the original raiser lays it down. [I fold if he comes over the top here of course.] I quite like the raise as you might make a timid player lay down JJ.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:37 PM

I'm such a puss I guess. I folded this stupid hand.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:42 PM

I would raise this to t5000. You have position on him, and being aggresive here might fold him a hand you dont want coming with you on the flop. You also have a big enough stack where you can comfortably fold if he comes over the top.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:54 PM

I wrote out a long post then killed it, because I'm not sold on any option.

Given that its a sat for the $215 I usually just push any Group 1 or 2 hand PF and get called by all kinds of hands.

Calling is ok, but if its a bigger buy in I would raise it 4Kish to go and fold to a push.

If you were deep (30+BB's), I think its a call.

In this tourney I just get it all in PF (usually)

Bah, I still really don't know what I like, but I'm not killing two posts. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Don't fold.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 11-10-2005, 10:24 PM

If you just call, then everybody and their brother comes into this pot, and you have no idea whats up on any flop without a T. Folding is out of the question. So you have to raise, 5k looks good. If he reraises all in I throw up and call.

Everett
Old 11-10-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you just call, then everybody and their brother comes into this pot, and you have no idea whats up on any flop without a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 1)low buyin 2)sat which means 1)an overpair is probably good, 1.5)KJ doesn't fold, and 2)gambling is a bad thing. So a call is OK, although if I thought he was a donk (ie, probably) I'd still reraise.

Folding sucks.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:43 PM

I dont fold and I probably flat call. A reraise is good if you have seen this donk call with crap. Sometimes donks will call ur reraise with KJsooted.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you just call, then everybody and their brother comes into this pot, and you have no idea whats up on any flop without a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 1)low buyin 2)sat which means 1)an overpair is probably good, 1.5)KJ doesn't fold, and 2)gambling is a bad thing. So a call is OK, although if I thought he was a donk (ie, probably) I'd still reraise.

Folding sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but most flops don't give you an overpair, and those that do are like 984 two suited and stuff. I would much rather reraise than see a limper or two and the blinds come along and the flop come Q83 two hearts or something. It's just hard to find hands to pay you off, even against donks, when you are in fact ahead.

Everett