Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: YOU play too tight and are not fit to tie my laces!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, just read your post and it is similar to my opening post (i.e the stats, the gameplan).. only difference was i get flamed and you get pats on the back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz that was his only post about his stats and he SHOWED us. Every post you make is about how great you are but we never see any stats, that's why you get flamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally believe him and here's why... Our posts are nearly identical, I just described 'optimal' (for lack of a better word) stategy more tactfully.

Also, I was 7.5% in 500 33s after I made that post... never underestimate negative variance.

I have been 45.7% over September in my "month off" in 136 55s though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I could tie your shoelaces successfully if I ever took my nuts off of your chin and my dick out of your mouth.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahaha, that is FREAKIN hilarious!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 09:37 PM

To OP: Sample size too small.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are curtains.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-30-2005, 06:19 PM

jesus dude, you are a douche lol

knock this crap off-when you finally need advice, you wont be able to get it...
Old 09-30-2005, 11:36 PM

Thanks for the great post, even though most of it was bragging and 46% ITM is BS.

But yeah it is annoying seeing the continual piss poor advice of raising only AA KK QQ AK and calling everything else early.

Some people dont wanna play the 20's for the next 5 years and loosening up preflop is definately a necessity to beat bigger games.

Dont worry about the flames I get plenty as well, it just seems many of the ABCers dont wanna open their mind to alternative styles of playing.

K9s is definately too good to throw away in CO when folded to you in most situations. Even with overly loose players you can still limp sometimes and steal on the flop when it is checked to you cos of the small pot.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it just seems many of the ABCers dont wanna open their mind to alternative styles of playing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude you need to get off your high horse.

I don't have any issue with you playing more hands than most. I don't have any issues with you suggesting that other people play more. It may work for you, and that's awesome. I think you might even be a pretty good player. The problem is that every single thread you're in, you feel the need to criticize a style that works for a lot of players. Sure, say you disagree with it, and suggest alternate plays. There's absolutely no reason to be so disdainful or snobbish in every single post you make. We get the point.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:08 AM

I criticize people who think that style A is the right way and that anybody who does not agree should be flamed.

Posting anything outside the norm results in plenty of weak insults.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:03 AM

That is not what's happening. I play very odd poker compared to the people here and I'm not getting insulted much, although I do tend to get a bit of disagreement. Stanzee's just being arrogant about everything. Notice how almost all the replies have absolutely nothing to do with the content. I don't think anyone cares about what he's talking about, it's just how he's talking about it.

By the way, Stanzee is doing exactly what you're reportedly criticizing. Kinda odd how you defend him when he's so blatantly criticizing everyone's 'normal' play. I mean come on, look at the thread title.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:14 AM

A lot of poker players are arrogant jerks it doesnt make them bad poker players.

I mean really who cares if he is being an idiot.

At least he brings something new to the table.

Look at how rediculous some of the posts are in this thread, they are nothing but flames and/or fluff.

If you are gonna flame someone or be a jerk at least add some content.

Egoboosting/arrogant post + small content > whiny no content flames