Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Tricky play by a LAG

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Uh-oh.... smells like trouble. Entering calling down mode.

Turn: (11.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Now what?
This hand loses a lot of value here doesn't it? Should I bet the turn? Do you believe LAGs when they cap the flop?
Old 08-07-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Tricky play by a LAG

I would play it the same way you did. After the flop cap I will fear a set and call it down unless I improve on later streets.
When the turn gets checked through I'm autobetting the river.

His line makes no sense at all to me, maybe if he holds 3 5 but it's still pretty fukced.

-aron
Old 08-07-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Tricky play by a LAG

As a standard play, I don't slow down with a high overpair until I get raised on the turn. There are obvious exceptions (i.e., KQJ 3-suited flop where I'm not holding the A of suit, check/raised by a very passive player, etc.), but for the most part you can't put a whole lot of faith into a flop raise or cap, especially by a LAG.

Lead the turn as your default play, and if you get raised there, then you can think about check/calling to showdown.