Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 12:38 PM

Default 10-9s and no clue

I will be honest here, I got completely lost in this hand and had no idea what I should do. The pre-flop call was borderline but the table was seeing 4-6 people to the flop so I went for it. On the flop I had top pair ok kicker with a gut shot straight, so I bet out. Ack... raised by the pre-flop raiser, overpair? Turn... time to check to MP1. Well he checks and now the button who cold called 2 picks up the action, did he just hit trips? I sat there for a little while and folded but I still hate that decision, just didn't feel right, which I'm sure it wasn't especially since I had the odds to draw to my gut shot.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds, MP1 folds.

River: (12 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 11-05-2004, 12:44 PM

Default Re: 10-9s and no clue

I think the fold on the turn was fine. You're looking to split if a 7 pops, so your odds aren't that great. Plus, the Button cold called 2 on the flop. Very unlikely that you're in the lead, and you would need to catch a non [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 to maybe split. Not good odds here.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:48 PM

PF: the limp is fine since someone else is already in. if UTG folds and you have 76s, then its more prudent to fold. T9s is a better hand.

Flop: I like the bet. MP1 may not bet overcards on this coordinated flop. If he raises an overpair, you have a ton of outs.

Turn: call. you have outs. 9's and 7's all look good to me even after a little discounting for boats and backdoor flushes (and splits).
Old 11-05-2004, 02:43 PM

Hi-
I like the pf call, given your description of the table.
I like the flop bet.
I think you should have called the turn. The pot is big enough to give you the odds. I don't think there is a good reason to assume that all your 7 outs are tainted or will definately lead to a split...
Since Button woke up on the turn and UTG on the river, I think the river would be an easy fold...
-t