Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: I\'m embarassed to post this.

I can't fold on the turn here. SB could have a set in which you're drawing to 2 outs, but he might also easily have 2 pair w/JQ, in which case a 9,6, or A are winners for you, giving you 8 outs. If SB is way out of line he could even have AQ. I say SB is your main concern, but that you might not be in that bad of shape and the pot is way too big to fold. I say MP2 has KK and button has some pair on the board or a pocket pair he refuses to let go of.

I call this one to river and feel fine if I lose a few bets here. If I find out I folded the winner on the turn I tilt and spew a few more chips over the next 10 minutes.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I find out I folded the winner on the turn I tilt and spew a few more chips over the next 10 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there is ever going to be a good ending to this pot and that you are going to tilt for a couple hands no matter how is goes...

Unless you win and you just go
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! YOU FOOLS!!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:15 AM

The turn fold is bad. And calling the river would be bad, too. It might save you some sanity, but your sanity comes at a price. I don't think he has just one pair.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you win and you just go
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! YOU FOOLS!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It wouldn't be the first time either.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn fold is bad. And calling the river would be bad, too. It might save you some sanity, but your sanity comes at a price. I don't think he has just one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would agree with Shant to call and fold the river UI?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:29 AM

Preflop: Clearly correct.

Flop: I actually cap this flop. Small Blind could have 2 pair QJ, but could also have KQ, KJ, etc. Aces just don't come along that often, so I cap.

Turn: Agree w/ the bet here, the fact that SB continues to raise makes me think he either does have the 2 pair or just hit his straight draw, so either way you are probably dead in the water, but I"m not giving up on a pocket overpair that easily, so I call it down from here.

River: Agree.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would agree with Shant to call and fold the river UI?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain would need to be crazy to check-3-bet/check-raise/bet TPTK or worse. He might be crazy, but I don't think he's a crazy villain often enough (once in 100 times, perhaps).
Old 12-05-2005, 11:43 AM

I don't bet the turn after a "reasonable" SB check/3bets the flop in a pot that was capped preflop. Hoping to counterfeit two pair here...we may be further behind than that. Tough hand.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (18.00 BB) 9 (4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB raises, Hero folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't do this. I know it is painful to call, but you could be up against a set and still have correct odds to call here. Add to this the times you are drawing against two pair or even up against one pair or a donk bet, and you see why folding with 23 bets in the pot is probably not a good idea. It is possible you are drawing dead against the straight but the pot is too big to fold.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:09 PM

I think you can call the turn, you are likely up against 2 pair, so you have odds to call. But I would fold the river ui, it is a tough fold, but I don't see you being ahead of SB.