Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 07:27 PM

Default J10s, raise it PF

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

sb had been a nothing player really. He had been really not there, or more correctly, I didn't really notice him. He seemed kind of just like your run of the mill semi loose semi passive 3/6 player that is capable of doing weird things at times.

the LRRer had just been weird. He was all over the place and I didn't know what to make of his LRR.

Did I overplay the flop, did I have enough equity to cap PF?
Old 06-26-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: J10s, raise it PF

This looks perfect. Good hand, although I suspect SB had a flush. I wouldn't cap preflop personally, but I wouldn't have a problem with it if you chose to.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:34 PM

Looks fine to me PF. You have some deceptive value with your raise PF. Oftentimes if you hit a favorable draw on the flop you can check or bet for value (i.e: Flop Q9x)

I think the UTG+1 player has AA or KK and you have him drawing slim on the turn. The fact that you have his dead money in there on the turn and river make the pot too big to fold on the river.

I bet the SB showed down the flush, but I would still call. You would hate to fold and be shown a lesser two pair.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:42 PM

It looks good to me.

SB has a flush, I think, but I would make the crying overcall on the river too, hoping he has some worse two-pair hand instead. I think you have UTG+1 beat.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:50 PM

Look's good. LRR usually means AA-88 or something just terrible. Since we obviously not going to give him credit for JJ or TT on the flop, how could you not put in the max? SB's presence just makes it more important.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:50 PM

I couldn't have played it any better. What'd he show you, KcQc?
Old 06-26-2005, 08:54 PM

I hate the river overcall, but it's the right play. Nice preflop raise. Capping the flop is cool, but it might be better to call the 3-bet and raise the turn.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Capping the flop is cool, but it might be better to call the 3-bet and raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will disagree with your opinion here, for the following reasons:

1) We have a player on an obvious draw (SB) trapped between us and the UTG+1 player who has represented a big pair and is not letting his hand go. Charging the draw is more important than slowplaying.

2) We have a vulnerable hand. Any Club (11), Ace (3), King (3), Queen (3), Nine (3), or Four(3) are cards that can slowus down on the turn. That's 26 cards. There is no point in slowing down to raise the turn when there's a 50% chance we will have to slowdown ourselves (which is incidentally what happened).

we have huge implied odds on future bets from UTG+1, we might as well try as hard as we can to pump the pot while we are still a favorite over the two opponents. too often we will will not be able to C/R the turn because of a scare card.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:55 PM

i like it the entire way and think capping the flop is important