Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Most Hated Athelete

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[There was a hue and cry to trade him after he got suspended for kicking Hal Gill.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a preseason game, no less.

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't happen in the pre-season. It happened early in the season, but it wasn't the pre-season. The Sens had started out the season on a tear (9-0, I believe), and then Havlat went and got himself suspended for 5 games. The Sens went 3-2 in the games that Havlat missed and he was blamed for the two losses. With Havlat in the lineup, the Sens have two scoring lines, without him, they only have one big line and 3 mediocre lines.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:56 AM

My bad, was the fifth game of the season. I must have been thinking of something else.

Thinking about the Bruins has been very painful to me recently, so I have been trying to avoid it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My bad, was the fifth game of the season. I must have been thinking of something else.

Thinking about the Bruins has been very painful to me recently, so I have been trying to avoid it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can imagine. It must be a real treat to watch Sports Center every night and see the highlights Thornton's latest multi-point game in SJ. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

They kicked the Sens' butt when they faced them the day after the trade, though.