Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Push or Wait

Bubble of a Pokerroom $22 Blinds are 400-800 and after a bad beat I'm severely shortstacked.

Seat 1: SB ($6,920 in chips)
Seat 2: BB ($5,370 in chips)
Seat 8: UTG ($1,840 in chips)
Seat 9: Hero [10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($870 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($400), BB posts blind ($800).

PRE-FLOP
UTG folds, Hero...

Seems like an obvious push, although I have a very ok hand and not enough chips to force the BB out and the other short stack to my right will be in the significantly large BB next hand. If my UTG hand is great, I can push then, or fold and hope that the other short stack goes all-in. Thoughts?
Old 07-05-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Push or Wait

yeah this is tough
i would say fold because the other ss is almost pot commited after his bb, and also because you have no fold equity when you push...
Old 07-05-2005, 04:49 PM

I think you push here.

If you don't, UTG will likely fold his BB next hand, leaving him with $1K in the SB and you nearly all-in. Point is that you'll have to get your money in before him. If you wait, you have 2 hands to catch a better hand than JT. Puuuush.

or just limp and hope the SB believes you have AA/KK
Old 07-05-2005, 04:49 PM

You are really kinda screwed here. My initial instinct was to push here but thinking about it, there's a very good chance you'll be up against 2 players if you push here. If you wait a hand and push, there's a possibility button will fold and SB will raise to get UTG out. It's a stretch, and I doubt it makes much a difference either way. I probably just push here considering I have two cards over T and will most likely be a coinflip.