Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 10:35 PM

Default PS turbo ROI

How much of an advantage does one give up when one plays the 9 player turbos on poker stars? I know that it becomes more of a crap shoot because you only see a few hands and the blinds go up rapidly, but I cant tell if this is enough to make up for the fact that you can play each game in half the time. I think that your hourly rate may be higher because the loss in ROI due to the increased luck factor is be offset by the increased number of games you play. So if your ROI drops from 30% to 20% but you can play twice as many games in an hour you are making more more $. (Also the size of the rake relitive to the buy in is lower.)
Old 07-07-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: PS turbo ROI

I am no expert here but i have played a few of them. They are slightly faster then PArty SNG's and become a crapshoot late on but have more play early.

As for the rake being less that is only so if you are not getting rakeback at a Party skin [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

The rake at Stars is higher if u include rakeback but i suppose you generate points to get free stuff so it depends on your view on that i suppose.