Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Fold nut flush? 10/20 full

Villian seems to be decent player, haven't seen him do anything wild. He has $2,500, I have him covered. The limpers have between $1,400 and $2,000.

Hero in BB w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

4 limpers, Villian raises to $80 on the button. SB calls, Hero calls, all 4 limpers call.

7 players - $577
Flop - 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checked around

Turn - J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checked to UTG+1 who bets $100, button calls, hero calls.

River - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, button bets $525.

I really think the button could have a full house, but do I really lay down the nut flush here?

JKratzer
Old 08-11-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Fold nut flush? 10/20 full

Bet $400-600 on the river and fold to a raise. Check-calling and check-folding both suck.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:45 PM

QQ/JJ all day for weak/mediocre players that aren't too stupid, just 'not good'.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:16 PM

I think KT, or worse flush are real possibilities here. Call. No way KK doesn't value bet river here given that it's checked to him....and don't rule out pure bluff (represent flush)
Old 08-11-2005, 09:26 PM

I can't imagine villian having KT, I just don't see him raising that pf from the button The same goes with a lower flush, A Q J 9 of diamonds are all accounted for. KK would bet the flop right? If he's too timid to bet KK on the flop and not raise turn I would think he would definitely check behind with it. These were my thoughts as I tried to narrow his hand range. I just couldn't think of anything other than QQ/JJ.

JKratzer
Old 08-11-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine villian having KT, I just don't see him raising that pf from the button The same goes with a lower flush, A Q J 9 of diamonds are all accounted for. KK would bet the flop right? If he's too timid to bet KK on the flop and not raise turn I would think he would definitely check behind with it. These were my thoughts as I tried to narrow his hand range. I just couldn't think of anything other than QQ/JJ.

JKratzer

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm generally confused about his baby raise preflop