Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: I need some advice

Don't take this the wrong way because I think you play SNGs very well, but you really just need to learn how to adjust, not just to time of day, but to the texture of each table, and each individual player. You are a very good player but you could be great if you adjusted.

The games at night should be played differently then those during the day in general and if you aren't adjusting then this trend of yours is not surprising. (I am strictly speaking of 215s btw for the lurkers out there, but this may apply to other levels as well).
Old 06-08-2005, 06:40 PM

Before I quit my job, I would usually get off work around midnight and play til 6 AM or so...When I played that late at night, I was usually VERY tired and didnt pay attention at all. During the times where I played a lot during the late night, midnight - 6 am, I had 20% roi over the 500 or so games while i had the real job. I guess I am just trying to get back to the point of having a "good" roi. If I have to play much less to get it, so be it.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:02 PM

From my limited railbirding of the 215s I have to say that you are the most aggressive player (make some loose calls also) and in my opinion the best (vs. the other top players at least). I saw ComeOnPhish push into you on the bubble one time at level 6 (4 handed) when you both had T1800 and you called with 22 in the BB. Plays like that seem to make players hesitant to push into you, hence increasing your results versus the regulars. More regulars are playing during the day and more randoms are playing during the night. The randoms won't remember your loose standards and won't be scared. This is why these plays are probably more -EV at night.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:05 PM

Wonderful observation...I didnt even think about that. I am kinda stupid...I DO make random "bad" calls like that, aganist the people I play with again and again for just that reason, plus I figured I would be about 50/50 to win it and with the blinds out there, it almost makes it ok. That makes perfect sense to me. Thank you. I am happy now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 07:06 PM

I'm still early into SNGs...I've found on PP they're tougher during the day/early evening (Central Time). After midnight...it's free money
Old 06-08-2005, 07:10 PM

bad varience
Old 06-08-2005, 07:14 PM

ah, but what do you consider a GOOD roi? 10% is a GREAT roi. you have yer goals a bit too high i think, and you will continually be dissapointed, which is not the best way to go about playing poker. holla
Old 06-08-2005, 07:19 PM

I need to lower my "good" roi to 19%...maybe I can maintain that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 07:20 PM

if i were you, i would lower yer 'good' roi to 5%, and yer amazing roi to 10%. then, you can be WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!! at 19%. holla