Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Pwned by Freddie Deeb, WPT Bellagio ME

[ QUOTE ]
I really hate not betting the flop on hand 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it at all ironic that you played a very strong hand as weak, and a very weak hand as strong, against a world class player, and now you're posting about them on here?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna guess that Freddy doesn't know you. Also, since you puked and folded that previous hand in this post, he's probably of the opinion that he can push you off of a nice pot with a strong bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, He did know me; we played together a final table in the WSOP and I busted him out then, I'm pretty sure he wanted to take revenge [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
But you are right that he probably thinks he can push me off the pot with a bet.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:45 PM

You're right, check behind on the flop so that you can play a guessing game with Freedie Deeb on the later streets by letting him take control of the hand. Great idea. One thing you never want to do is maintain control of the hand. When you flop a board that could have definitely helped your opponent or given them a good draw, always give them a free card.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People saying to bet the flop in hand 1 dont know how to play deepstacked poker, period. I would have played hand 1 the same way you did.

Same thing with hand 2, just get your money in there on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you're right, but what makes deepstack different enough that you wouldn't want to at least bet that flop?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you are going to play 32s, you can't fold when you make a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything you said except for this... don't make these arguments as they don't add anything to the discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this was a perfectly obvious point. only reason to play 23s would be 1)hit set/boat/quads 2)hit straight or flush 3)outplay your opponent and take the pot away

you've hit the flush, why would you consider this a scary situation, go broke, if he has the higher flush so be it.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:07 PM

Can we assume the following about hand 1?

1) We are ahead on this flop more often than not.
2) If we check behind Deeb will probably bet the turn.
3) There are 21 cards, and accordingly a ~44% chance of seeing one of them, on the turn that would make us cringe.
4) Where we are ahead, Deeb has outs (2 or more) to take the lead, and in most cases will be taking the lead with a hand that he knows is best. There is nothing about this hand that makes the old adage about never giving a draw a free card moot.
5) Getting check raised is possible, but so is taking the pot down with a flop bet.

As best I can tell, none of these assumptions are especially controversial, if we accept them, I think it's clear that betting the flop is best.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right, check behind on the flop so that you can play a guessing game with Freedie Deeb on the later streets by letting him take control of the hand. Great idea. One thing you never want to do is maintain control of the hand. When you flop a board that could have definitely helped your opponent or given them a good draw, always give them a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, you should always play KK on a QJ9, two suited board against a pro (who called two rounds of raises) in the manner that is the most likely to get 75 BB in the pot by the turn.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, you should always play KK on a QJ9, two suited board against a pro (who called two rounds of raises) in the manner that is the most likely to get 75 BB in the pot by the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

God Freddie has you right where he wants you. Playing in fear.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:00 PM

Do yourself a favor before you make another post in this thread: run Pokerstove for KK vs. AA-99, KJs+, QJs, JTs, T9s on this flop. Assume that he has those hands 2/3 of the time and folds to a bet the other 1/3, netting you 3000 chips. Then figure out how many of those remaining hands will (for example) CR the flop and overbet push any turn and whether sirio should call both bets, given that Deeb is properly mixing his semibluffs and made hands here at some near optimal frequency.

After you figure out that betting loses sirio money, post again.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People saying to bet the flop in hand 1 dont know how to play deepstacked poker, period. I would have played hand 1 the same way you did.

Same thing with hand 2, just get your money in there on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you're right, but what makes deepstack different enough that you wouldn't want to at least bet that flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Know and understand this term: POT CONTROL.

He has a very marginal hand here, the bigger the pot is, the greater the chance that he has the worst hand. Giving away a free card here isn't that big a deal.