Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 04:36 PM

Default My first hand eval: K/K on the button

Early at the table, no reads either on the table or the players.

.25/.50, 9-handed

Preflop: <font color="green">marchron</font> is button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="green">marchron reraises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+3 caps</font>, <font color="green">marchron calls</font>.

Flop: (10.5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+3 bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+3 reraises</font>, <font color="green">marchron caps</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+3 calls</font>.

He obviously has some kind of hand, but given how cheap the table is, he could have anything, I suppose. I put him on A/Q.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+3 bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+3 reraises</font>, <font color="green">marchron calls</font>.

I was afraid of A/A or Q/Q and backed off when he reraised me. Good move?

River: (15 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+3 bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron calls</font>.

No draws. Fold, crying call or raise?

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 05-31-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: My first hand eval: K/K on the button

I found this a little tough to read, but maybe it's just me. You can find bisonbison's "normal" hand converter here.

I say nice hand -- I think you have to slow down when he 3-bets you on the turn. He capped preflop making AA and QQ very real possibilities.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:42 PM

Looks good to me, but try to river a King next time.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:43 PM

I'm calling down from the turn on. All you beat is JJ and AQ, and AQ is unlikely given the preflop action.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:46 PM

Play it the same, Think we've lost though. However the .25/.50 on my site is like this then Ace High Wins [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 04:50 PM

Against an unknown, I put him on a big pair when he caps preflop. On the flop, he's telling you that his big pair is better than your pair of queens (if that's what you're now holding), so I say he's either got AA or KK. It's also possible that he was just trying to bully you with QQ/88/66 preflop, which made a set on the flop. Regardless, against an unknown that capped me PF and then led back out on a raggedy flop like this, I'm calling down without the absolute nuts, because I think the best you can hope for at this point is a chop (if he's also got KK).
Old 05-31-2005, 04:52 PM

Calling down from the flop bet is weak-tight.

Hero played this hand fine, except maybe he should have just called down from the turn bet. But just calling UTG's flop lead is weak-tight.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I put him on A/Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's more a hope than something indicated by the preflop play and his reaction to your flop raise.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He obviously has some kind of hand, but given how cheap the table is, he could have anything, I suppose. I put him on A/Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think range of possiblities.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 05:47 PM

Capping hands are QQ KK AA, and *maybe* JJ and AK. I definitely don't see JJ or AK calling a cap and leading the turn. We're behind very often. I call after he leads the turn, and call a river, and let him show me his AA/QQ.