Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Biography Movies They Should Make (my last thread today, I promise

Well, I saw the Aviator last night which is a bio pic on Howard Hughes, a true eccentric who had an impact on american history. I'm slowly coming around to liking Leo DiCaprio, but he still comes off as a young pretty boy even after the makeup department tries to horribly disfigure him after that plane crash. It shows a really bizarre, almost schizophrenic side of HH, especially the fear of crowds and germaphobe aspect.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

p.p.s. I also voted for David Duke, but that is because I don't like Jews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi! You are either very funny, or have balls like churchbells. Or both.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

p.p.s. I also voted for David Duke, but that is because I don't like Jews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi! You are either very funny, or have balls like churchbells. Or both.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am Jewish and have even posted a picture of the Hebrew Hammer on here somewhere and told people that was me (InthaCup did say I might be able to pull his look off). I am willing to make comments like that if it makes me look stupid and ignorant. Kind of like in Arrested Development when Henry Winkler calls his assistant a [censored]. One doesn't think, "yeah, homos suck". But, instead they realize the person saying it is a moron.

In the 2000 elections I gave my Jew grandma, who lives in Florida, a hard time, because she said that Bush won because people like me voted for Nader. But, we really know it is because the Jews voted for Buchanan (Man, if only Buchanan won, I could be sitting in a concentration camp instead of dorking it up on here.

craig
Old 11-25-2005, 01:10 PM

Angelina Atyam. Her daughter was kidnapped by the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda and taken into Sudan. She responded by cofounding the Concerned Parent's Association, a group dedicated to putting an end to the child slavery trade in northern Uganda/southern Sudan. After much agitation, the LRA offered to return her daughter to her if she'd cease her activism. Her response? "I want all the children back".
Old 11-25-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Adolf Hitler: No bullsht either. Make the movie and don't edit anything of his own thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a crappy TV movie about Hitler that was shown a few years ago.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Biography Movies They Should Make (my last thread today, I promise)

I would love to see an accurate biography on hitler, and his thoughts. With all the hate towards him, that will probably be impossible.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adolf Hitler: No bullsht either. Make the movie and don't edit anything of his own thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a biography, but Downfall is about Hitler's final 3 days. It is really good at showing some of Hitler's assets which made him a powerful leader.

Also note it's #55 alltime on IMDB.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a biography, but Downfall is about Hitler's final 3 days. It is really good at showing some of Hitler's assets which made him a powerful leader.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will check it out. It isn't a lot of propoganda, is it? Like, it isn't told from an American perspective of us vs. them. I can't stand that.

craig

p.s. Just so you know that was not an anti-american comment, but a comment on any us vs. them propoganda film.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will check it out. It isn't a lot of propoganda, is it? Like, it isn't told from an American perspective of us vs. them. I can't stand that.

craig

p.s. Just so you know that was not an anti-american comment, but a comment on any us vs. them propoganda film.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah. I don't like preachy movies.

The review on IMDB: "The film does not provide any commentary or judgment, it just shows facts."

It's a high budget german made movie which was nominated for Best Foriegn Movie at the Oscars. Of course, it's subtitled.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah. I don't like preachy movies.

The review on IMDB: "The film does not provide any commentary or judgment, it just shows facts."

It's a high budget german made movie which was nominated for Best Foriegn Movie at the Oscars. Of course, it's subtitled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, one last question. You said it was a German movie. Now, obviously a lot of Germans are very embrassed about their past. So, my final question, is Hitler made to look like a psychopath? Don't get me wrong, obviously he was fcked up, but to dismiss anyting bad as psychotic really bothers me.