Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 10:13 PM

Default River of Death

BB is Taggish (21/15/2.6 over 60 hands or so). Next is fishy (59/8/.95) and last of the four is neutral/very passive (21/0/.4).

This river sucked, and I wonder if I can find a fold here. It's not often that I find myself with these sorts of river decisions in pots with this many players hanging around.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Deranged is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Deranged raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Deranged bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Deranged bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (11 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Deranged...
Old 09-12-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: River of Death

I don't think you have a lot to worry about. I bet you still have the best hand here. Now if it was a ace, I'd be more worried. Didn't Miller say in SSHE that people tend to play (and hold onto) ace-rag more often then king-rag?

I could be wrong, but I'd say that this is sure value bet.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you have a lot to worry about. I bet you still have the best hand here. Now if it was a ace, I'd be more worried. Didn't Miller say in SSHE that people tend to play (and hold onto) ace-rag more often then king-rag?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 10:25 PM

If BB is Tagish I think this is a fold. Heads Up, its close, but a TAG isn't bluffing a hand into a field of people who have been calling the whole way when the most obvious draw just got there.
I don't think you will be good 1 in 11 times so I fold. But hey, I'm new what do I know?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a TAG isn't bluffing a hand into a field of people who have been calling the whole way when the most obvious draw just got there.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, the most obvious draw is the flush draw on the flop.

I'd call. I don't see a raise here at all, though a fold might not be bad as he could've had J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and backed into a straight on the river. HU I'd call as he could be trying to push through a weaker queen(like QJs or Q10s) but I can't see what he'd be betting into you and another guy on this board. Yeah, I lean towards folding
Old 09-12-2005, 10:29 PM

Call, get shown K8o, QJs, a set or some other two pair, say nice hand and move on.

I would lean towards QJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-Q9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] personally and my call/fold would be based on what I want my observent oponents to see. However, I would expect to lose.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:31 PM

I cant imagine any hand that you beat that leads out this river. It looks like a flush that he doesn't wanted checked through.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2005, 10:33 PM

This really sucks. A guy with those stats over 60 or so odd hands probably doesn't bluff into 3 other people on the river here without something that beats 2PTK. So basically I puke a little and then fold here.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:34 PM

By the way, with UTG+2 and button behind you this is a pretty easy fold.