Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 06:57 PM

Default PP 10+1 MinRaise

I have only played about 25 10+1 SNGs at Party, and this site has helped a good bit. One thing I have definitely noticed is the tendency for people to minraise in the first three levels with their monsters, i.e. QQ, KK, AA. I have not seen a limp, and I rarely see a strong preflop raise with AA.

My question is, how do you lower buyin SNG players adapt when you see a minraise? Clearly you can't assume that all minraises indicate monsters, but if a person has shown preflop aggression before, how do you adjust? For example, you have J10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB, there is a minraise from UTG+1 with 2 callers, including the SB. What are you looking for on a flop to continue to play with a minraiser with position on you?

I am open to other examples and plays, but this is a situation in which I found myself today, and I would love input.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: PP 10+1 MinRaise

You're not looking for top pair. You're looking for a great straight or flush draw (Gutshot + Overs + Flush draw) (OESD + Flush Draw) or two pair or better. And you can take someone's stack.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: PP 10+1 MinRaise

You ain't played against me then. I raise those hands exactly the same as AK. Min raising is awful.