Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 06:57 PM

Default \"One Player to a Hand\" rule -- Not!

For anyone who's been slumming in the MTT forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], there's a big brouhaha about whether teams can play MTTs as long as they don't share information about their respective hands when they're sitting at the same table.

Poker Stars' big kahuna Lee Jones has just weighed in, explaining why there's no "One Player to a Hand" rule at his site.

Frankly, at this point, my only opinion is that rules should be clear. Lee's post is a step in that direction. Poker Stars may want to post something more on its website.

In any event, this seemed worthwhile to bring to the attention of this forum.

The Shadow

EDIT: Giga, feel free to PM me anytime about starting a SNG team. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: \"One Player to a Hand\" rule -- Not!

This same topic came up a couple months ago, I belive in the Mid-/High-Stakes Limit Forum.

One of the more prominant posters there mentioned discussing hands via AIM while playing and people started bashing him for the whole "One Player to a Hand" rule. Lot of people on both sides but I remember El Diablo specifically stating that there is no such rule in online poker. If you don't feel its ethical that's your on problem but there is nothing that can be one about it and therefore no such rule exists.

I also remember many of the same comparisons to external tools like Pokertracker, Gametime+, Player View, were made as support for how online poker is just different than live.