Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-22-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Artest gone for year, other suspensions absurdly long

[ QUOTE ]
Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired.

[/ QUOTE ]

So much for 2+2 having people capable of debating without being insulting. And yes, I realize that's just not the case but I can hope for some lively discussion here without the absolute wacko stuff you see on ESPN and other major boards.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired.

[/ QUOTE ]

So much for 2+2 having people capable of debating without being insulting. And yes, I realize that's just not the case but I can hope for some lively discussion here without the absolute wacko stuff you see on ESPN and other major boards.

[/ QUOTE ]calm down man, geesh [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2004, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, nice over reaction

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny...
I thought the same thing when I read your post, but you're probably right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

As are you! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2004, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No credit to Detroit, but the reality is that his behavior was much more dangerous in Detroit than in Davenport Iowa or boise.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know that this didnt happen in detroit, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

?? are you trying to be cute, because it was in a suburb or something??
Old 11-22-2004, 01:01 PM

Just out of curiosity how and when was Maxwell suspended for fighting? Maxwell had problems off the court with drugs, guns, etc. and had an incident with a teammate in Houston off the court. We're dealing in the realm of opinion but Maxwell didn't have the reputation that Artest has of being a dirty player.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe Ron Artest should be thankful the penalty was not life time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totally, this guy should never be allowed to play in another NBA game in his career IMO.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity how and when was Maxwell suspended for fighting? Maxwell had problems off the court with drugs, guns, etc. and had an incident with a teammate in Houston off the court. We're dealing in the realm of opinion but Maxwell didn't have the reputation that Artest has of being a dirty player.

[/ QUOTE ]

The most recent example of an NBA player going into the stands and punching a fan came in February 1995, when Vernon Maxwell of the Houston Rockets pummeled a spectator in Portland. The league suspended him for 10 games and fined him $20,000.
I don't remember where I got this but there are multiple sites out there with the same info. Is this what you were looking for or are you tying this in to Artest's previous record vs. Maxwell's? I don't know if Artest has been suspended specifically for fighting in the past (not saying he hasn't, just can't find the info right now) but he has been nailed for flagrant fouls and yapping with Pat Riley. Last year he avoided trouble for the most part. Two years ago he got himself into all kinds of trouble but not for fighting, mostly for just being an idiot.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe Ron Artest should be thankful the penalty was not life time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totally, this guy should never be allowed to play in another NBA game in his career IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were the commish, that would be the case. I would fine the ever-living [censored] out of the Pistons and anyone involved in arena security and/or concessions. Jackson would get at least a 50 game suspension.

You CANNOT allow players to interact with fans in this manner. The long-term damage to the league this incident has caused is incalculable. The fans involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Any season tickets should be forfeited without refund.

Basically, everyone involved should get their ass kicked so hard that a situation like this NEVER evolves again.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The two morons that come on the floor deserved to get their asses kicked. The first guy is clearly threatening Artest and the second jumped on Artest after his buddy ate some fist. O'Neil did what anybody in that situation would do...he came to the aid of his friend in a situation where they were surrounded by hostile people. It's easy to evaluate the tape and say he should or shouldn't do this or that. Put into that environment I think we all would have reacted in a similar manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is probably the most right on account of this incident i have read in this thread yet. there is no reason those 2 morons would be on the floor during the situation, other then to physically confront the players. in this situation, anyone would perceive these 2 as a threat. these two dipshits got what they had coming.

charging into the stands was ridiculous though, although one thing i know, is people are assholes, and if the guy who threw his drink has something else to throw, i'm sure he would have.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
charging into the stands was ridiculous though, although one thing i know, is people are assholes, and if the guy who threw his drink has something else to throw, i'm sure he would have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% that Artest and Jackson deserve stiff punishments but 73 games goes too far for Artest. The more I think about it maybe Jackson is OK at 30...I thought 20 was more fair initially but 30 certainly isn't out of line. Stern has said he's making an example out of these players. I think that's wrong. Give Artest 35 games and make it clear that if it ever happens again with any players the penalty doubles. It's like taking somebody that committed a crime and giving him 7 times the punishment the same crime received the last time it happened. There was no precedent for this level of punishment for similar acts.