Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2004, 05:31 AM

Default Re: CrisBrown is the worst poster of the forums.

[ QUOTE ]

That being said, we could do without the original post. I agree personal attacks do not have a place here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that I could and should have worded my point more articulately and less harshly.

Still, I think the points remains and is valid.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:46 AM

If she's articulate and convincing and still wrong, doesn't she just keep all you nits on your toesies???

I read the child-rape thread and I could give a poop about either of their (Chris' or Paul's) opinions, it was stupid from the jump. For Paul to call her out as a cheater was a low blow and I probably would have responded similarly, especially since he could have just declined and left it rather than elaborating in such a condescending and bitchy way.

Anyway, again, I think there is a shortage of literate and articulate people in this world and especially on the internet. If she's consistently 100% wrong, you should be able to prove it. I know it gets frustrating sometimes, but I'd rather argue with someone who can put a sentence together, even if they are (as you all seem to imply) completely full of crap. I'd love to see some links to theory posts or hand analyses where she was completely, viciously, and destructively wrong to the point that no constructive discussion evolved from the thread. Then maybe I'll reconsider.

Until then, I think a tie for 'worst poster' should go to all the semi-literate, emotionally stunted, compulsively masturbating mongoloids searching desperately for mistakes or errors to exploit and people to attack on an internet forum rather than addressing the gaping, soul-sucking void that their lives have become.

NT
Old 10-12-2004, 06:17 AM

A nice +1 thread..

+1.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:18 AM

Have you considered naming the best poster on 2+2?

Have you considered creating a post with your top 10?

Have you considered putting together a thread with the top 100 posts of all time?

If not why not?

I like the CrisBrown posts, although the Scrabble challenge to Paul Phillips was a little overdone in terms of hesaid-shesaid dynamics. I mean, he just loved it and we went sideways for 9 days with that.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, I haven't seen any bad CrisBrown posts yet, but have seen a number of good ones. She seems quite bright, so I'm always willing to give her posts careful consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I see you have a new strategy for picking up girls on the internet.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:39 AM

See Pokerblog, all these people know you're right, but they all want to act like a "chivalrous white knight" and try to defend an idiot. If CrisBrown wasn't a woman, these people wouldn't even be responding.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:42 AM

Look at all these chauvanistic idiots in this thread. What? CrisBrown can't speak for herself?
Old 10-12-2004, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at all these chauvanistic idiots in this thread. What? CrisBrown can't speak for herself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, that is one nasty picture.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:12 AM

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2004, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that I could and should have worded my point more articulately and less harshly.

Still, I think the points remains and is valid.

[/ QUOTE ]

It couldn't have less to do with your point. Your point is meaningless.

You clearly picked the wrong way to make it. That's the mistake. Whatever your point is about or whatever you think the merits is of it doesn't change that at all. Again, your point is irrelevant . What matters is the exceptionally lousy way you chose to make it, and how that kind of thing drags down open discussion.

If you had a point to make, it would be much better made in the threads you object to, where the information is there to be analyzed and debated, instead of throwing it out into empty space so people who don't even know anything about some one will be encouraged to dislike and disparage them without any real reason why. As incredibly lousy an idea as posting a personal attack thread was, you could at least have provided links to what you were talking about and then addressed those materials specifically instead of just throwing hate out into the open air among strangers. The way you did it is little more than throwing a rattlesnake into the middle of a crowded room.

Stop justifying the premise of attack threads by saying the person is really, really bad. That's not the point. At all..