Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: 5/10: QQ vs. lolo

I think I'd rather bet the 150 myself on the flop against lolo. He most likely figures that when you check that you dont have an Ace, because of the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s on the board. He can easily have A-x, or maybe 77 or 44 or something.

As played, I cant call the river, but I dont like it.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:02 PM

Hi acehi.

I played some with you and lolo.

I dont like your line. Nothing has changed from turn to river. You didnt have odds to draw to your two outer and lolo will bet again on river a high percentage of the time, so you haven't gained much information about his hand.

lolo knows you dont have the ace, because you would have bet that on flop ("u push hard"). Tough river decision. I bet the flop.

Do you think it means something, that he bets exactly what you have left in your stack? I played a hand with him where i had $612 left on river, and he bet $612. He flopped the nut flush.
I havent played enough with him to know if this is a tell, but a player like him should be good enough to not make tells like that.

interesting hand
Old 12-30-2005, 05:03 PM

I dont know him but from your description I agree with you that he can have quad aces or 74s. What I HIGHLY doubt he has, however is A6. With aces other than AK, his overbet doesn't make sense since he can only expect to get called by better hands, unless he knows you to be one to make heroic calls. This seems a lot like nuts/air bet and there is a lot more air than nuts. And your play seems weak. I think I call here. You can beat a lot of air hands.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you play Ax this way (until the river?)? If yes, I'd call. If no, I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty counter-intuitive.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would you play Ax this way (until the river?)? If yes, I'd call. If no, I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty counter-intuitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

entirely
Old 12-31-2005, 01:24 AM

A simple counting argument would suggest calling here. Lolo can have a monster or air, and there are many fewer hands that make a monster.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:05 AM

Lolo sounds really good at individual hand reading to be so sure that you will fold here.
If I had AK against a SLAG this is exactly how I and many others would play it.

It amazes me that he is the ~60% sure that u will fold that it would take for him to bluff this if this is a bluff.

I guess I fold, but I have never played him.