Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-04-2005, 08:01 AM

Default Any hints for first time PS 500k

im playing in the 500k on sunday at Poker Stars... this will be my first deep stack tournament, and i was wondering what i need to do different from the standard $10 and $20 1500 chip tourneys....like is a standard opening raise gonna be the same (like 5xbb +Limps or whatever), or should i open for more, and any weird tendancies or anything i should lookout for... im pretty confident in my tournament game, but i was just looking for some tips from all you experienced 2+2'ers out there...
good luck.. see u on the tables..
Old 12-04-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Any hints for first time PS 500k

dont open for 5xBB + limps... there's more room for post-flop action early on, and stacks can get somewhat deeper (though not that deep, compared to, say, a rebuy)

play some rebuys more to get experienced with deeper stacks
Old 12-04-2005, 09:50 AM

The 500k isn't that deep, so don't change much of your game, beside paying attention more to the table. 5xbb is too high for a standard opening raise, imo.

Keep in mind that there are still alot of bad players in it, who got in thorugh a sat and are either playing too loose or too tight.

But most of all, play it like you'll play any other tournament. If you're a TAGish player, play TAGish. If you're LAGish, play LAGish. Keep an eye on the sharks and take the fishes money. Same as always.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:38 AM

Best advice I can give... just because this is a high buy in tourney DOES NOT mean they are better players. A lot of them are in because they won their way there in cheap sat tournaments. Dont change your play. First hour or two there are still a lot of donkeys left playing their ace rag, q9 or J4 sooooooooooted