Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Ever got sick of holdem?

For the last week I really don't feel like playing NLH/PLH at all. I pass on tournies I always play (5r/10r etc) and spend hours playing Omaha tournies that pay a fraction of the holdem tournies.

I've had very nice success in PLO and PLO8 tournies this week (4 ft's, all top 4), but they really don't pay much. Is it just a phase? Did you guys go through that? I have no rational excuse for it, I just don't feel like playing holdem.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Ever got sick of holdem?

Yeah. After one of those Micro Challenges where I blanked, I decided to take a week off from NLHE MTT's. When I first started playing poker seriously, I was really into learning to play all of the games anyway: to fulfill a fantasy of playing all the events at the WSOP. I know that's irrational now, but I enjoyed a week of other games and found some more fire for poker.

Enjoyed not flipping for my entire stack for a change, too.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:45 PM

yep... right now i'm going thru a stretch of boredom. i hit a good payday in august, stopped playing for a while (i'm a casual player when it comes to total hours). played a few tourneys and some sngs lately, have been card dead, watching donks draw miracles, yada yada yada... so yeah, right now, i'm bored chitless with it. i'm sure it will turn around eventually. the bad thing when i get bored is i start playing the "aw fcuk it" mode (pushing bad plays) which adds to the funk...
Old 12-03-2005, 01:01 PM

Its nice to get out of the realm of no-limit holdem. I find myself to be an above average PLO8 and LO8 player, and a decent PLO player. If I find a juicier table in one of these 3 games, I will definitley choose that over a NLHE table. I find it a shame that 98.8% of the discussion on this site is for NLHE. NLHE wont live forever, and when it dies, most of yall are gonna be screwed. I mean, If it does, where are you gonna make your money?

Edit: I also tend to avoid Holdem when I get into a bad run of cards.